Things to Consider When You Are Getting An MBA
Many students who earn a bachelor’s degree must decide whether or not to begin graduate studies right away. The question of when to start a Master of Business Administration program is no exception. After graduation, individuals with a bachelor’s degree may choose to focus on their careers before pursuing an MBA. Others may choose to begin their MBA studies immediately. How do you determine what’s best for you?
The benefits of earning an MBA are undeniable. Graduates have greater earning potential: They report base salaries of $1 million more in the two decades following graduation than those who do not have an MBA, according to Fortune. In addition, MBA grads have more job security and better networking opportunities.
Completing an MBA program takes hard work and requires a time investment. Answering the following questions can guide your decision about getting an MBA.
- What are your career aspirations? How do you want an MBA to help your career?
- Will you work either full time or part time while completing your MBA?
- How will an MBA program affect your personal obligations?
- How will you pay for tuition? Typically, financial aid and scholarships are available to make getting your MBA affordable.
An important aspect to think about when enrolling in an MBA program is what concentration to choose. What job or promotion do you hope to obtain with your MBA? In certain fields like finance, most positions require an MBA, even for entry-level jobs. Fields like technology, on the other hand, value job experience over an MBA.
Potential concentrations include:
- Global Management
- Health Administration Management
- Human Resources Management
- Nonprofit Management
In MBA programs, students not only expand their knowledge of business but also develop skills that are applicable to a variety of roles in the workplace. Courses in communications, management, ethics, strategy and organizational behavior provide a solid foundation of knowledge to apply to businesses and organizations of any kind. Furthermore, students develop strong leadership, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- What You’ll Earn: Salaries in Health and Human Services
- Things to Consider When You Are Getting An MBA
- Psychology: Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science?
- Interested in Becoming a Psychologist?
- 5 Career Paths for Public Health Degree Graduates
- Five Traits of a Good Leader
- Healthcare Administration Careers
- What is Dispute Resolution
- Health Science Careers
- The Role of Industrial and Organizational Psychology in the Workplace
- A Day in the Life of a Healthcare Administrator
- What is the Role of an Organizational Psychologist?
- How to Become a Healthcare Administrator
- How Do I Become a Marriage and Family Therapist?
- A Day in the Life of a Social Worker
- Jobs in Psychology
- Career Profile: Nursing Home Administrator
- Defining Conflict Management
- Social Work Code of Ethics
- What Can I Do with a Health Sciences Degree
- Unique Social Work Careers
- Career Profile: Health Educator
- Marriage and Family Therapists: Salary Potential and Career Growth
- Career in Human Services
- Should I Get a Doctoral Degree?
- Social Workers and Marriage and Family Therapists
- Options for Associate Degree Graduates
- What Degree Should I Get?
- Liberal Studies vs General Studies
- Human Resource Management Degree
- Steps to Becoming a Psychologist
- What Does An Educational Psychologist Do?
- 5 Types of Therapists
- General Studies Degree Career Possiblities
- 4 Types of Therapy for Mental Health and Well-Being
- Top 4 Careers in Public Health
- Careers in Industrial & Organizational Psychology
- Is A General Studies Degree Worth It?
- Top 5 Jobs: Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- What Is A Human Resources Manager?
- Tackling Nonprofit Fundraising
- A Day in the Life of a Financial Analyst
- 5 Ways to Define Good Communication
- How Do I Become an Accountant?
- Fortune 500 Companies in California
- Communication Skills in the Workplace
- 5 Qualities of a Good Manager
- MBA Specializations
- How to Become a Family Therapist
- What Can You Do With an MBA?
- What is a Human Resource Manager
- What Do I Need to Become a Psychologist?
- Is Earning an MBA Worth the Effort?
- Business analytics is an essential element for ...
- Healthcare administration is essential to provi...
- A Bachelor of Business Administration with an a...