The Touro University Worldwide (TUW) Doctor of Health Science (DHSc) is designed to prepare health care professionals in becoming leaders in healthcare. Graduates of the program will acquire knowledge on how applied and theoretical principles for health science can inform evidence-based practice. In other words, students will learn to apply real-world research to contemporary healthcare settings.
The program will provide students comprehension of the theories and research in health science to expand competencies in their allied health professions as they face the challenges of individual and institutional functioning in today’s technologically sophisticated, media-connected, and culturally diverse global environment.
What makes the online Doctor of Health Science (DHSc) degree at TUW different?
- 100% online
- Learn from scholar-practitioners with expertise in the field of Health Science.
- Affordable tuition
- Nonprofit Accredited University
- No residency required
- No GMAT or GRE required
- Accelerated admissions process
- 6 starts throughout the year
- 8 week session
Note: This degree does not lead to any form of licensure or certification.
The Doctorate of Health Science (DHSc) program aims to empower current health professionals to be innovative in administrative, leadership, education and research positions in an evolving health profession setting.
The course content is designed to advance the student beyond the educational accomplishments of a Master’s degree program, and it is open to all health professionals seeking leadership roles included but not limited to: Nurse Practitioner, Health Administrators, Nurses, Nutritionists, Couple and Family Therapists, Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Respiratory Therapist, Radiologic or Ultrasound Technologist, Behavioral or Mental Health Specialists, Physician Assistants, Global Health, Public Health, or other healthcare professionals.
The DHSc provides the foundation for research in the any specialized area of healthcare and health science including practicing practitioners and educators.
The TUW Doctor of Health Science has several unique features:
- Instructors themselves are health science experts actively involved in private, government agencies, and or not for profit organizations striving to solve problems and improving health outcomes to keep pace with trends.
- The program is designed and delivered online with a unique pedagogy which offers students the flexibility to conveniently advance their education and still maintain their professional and personal schedules.
- Course content, including assignments and research opportunities, are structured to offer students flexibility while also providing maintaining the ability to complete the doctoral process at an individual pace.
DHSc Mission Statement
The Doctor of Health Science (DHSc) supports TUW’s mission and commitment to professional education and serves the needs of students globally desiring an advanced professional degree using an online delivery mode. The DHSc program provides an opportunity for growth, development, and application of critical skills necessary for today’s modern health professional.
The program is designed to:
- Provide students with the professional skills and tools to design evidence-based solutions in the field of health science.
- Provide a doctoral level environment that includes faculty research guidance, technology and learning opportunities that lead to the development of the research professional competencies needed to translate theory into practical solutions that lead to successful individual or organizational change and development in health science settings.
- Provides a support system dedicated to student success at the Doctoral level
The DHSc degree program can open doors to a variety of careers in leadership. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), these careers include the following: