Online Doctor of Health Science
Online Doctor of Health Science (DHSc)
The Touro University Worldwide (TUW) Doctor of Health Science (DHSc) is designed to prepare health care professionals in becoming leaders in healthcare. Graduates of the program will acquire knowledge on how applied and theoretical principles for health science can inform evidence-based practice. In other words, students will learn to apply real-world research to contemporary healthcare settings.
The program will provide students comprehension of the theories and research in health science to expand competencies in their allied health professions as they face the challenges of individual and institutional functioning in today’s technologically sophisticated, media-connected, and culturally diverse global environment.
What makes the online Doctor of Health Science (DHSc) degree at TUW different?
- 100% Online
- Learn from scholar-practitioners with expertise in the field of Health Science.
- Affordable tuition
- Nonprofit Accredited University
- No residency required
- No GMAT or GRE required
- Accelerated admissions process
- 6 starts throughout the year
- 8 week session
The Doctorate of Health Science (DHSc) program aims to empower current health professionals to be innovative in administrative, leadership, education and research positions in an evolving health profession setting. The course content is designed to advance the student beyond the educational accomplishments of a Master’s degree program, and it is open to all health professionals seeking leadership roles included but not limited to: Nurse Practitioner, Health Administrators, Nurses, Nutritionists, Couple and Family Therapists, Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists, Respiratory Therapist, Radiologic or Ultrasound Technologist, Behavioral or Mental Health Specialists, Physician Assistants, Global Health, Public Health, or other healthcare professionals.
The DHSc provides the foundation for research in the any specialized area of healthcare and health science including practicing practitioners and educators.
The TUW Doctor of Health Science has several unique features:
- Instructors themselves are health science experts actively involved in private, government agencies, and or not for profit organizations striving to solve problems and improving health outcomes to keep pace with trends.
- The program is designed and delivered online with a unique pedagogy which offers students the flexibility to conveniently advance their education and still maintain their professional and personal schedules.
- Course content, including assignments and research opportunities, are structured to offer students flexibility while also providing maintaining the ability to complete the doctoral process at an individual pace.
DHSc Mission Statement
The Doctor of Health Science (DHSc) supports TUW’s mission and commitment to professional education and serves the needs of students globally desiring an advanced professional degree using an online delivery mode. The DHSc program provides an opportunity for growth, development, and application of critical skills necessary for today’s modern health professional.
The DHSc degree program can open doors to a variety of careers in leadership. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), these careers include the following:
Medial and health Services Managers: Directs and coordinate the business of healthcare providers. The Median annual salary is $100,980 and the growth projection is 32% between 2019 and 2029.
Medical Scientists/Researcher: The Median annual salary is $88,790 and the growth projected is 6% between 2019 and 2029.
Health Educator Specialist: The Median annual salary $97,320 annually and the growth projection is 9% between 2019 and 2029.
The program is designed to:
- Provide students with the professional skills and tools to design evidence-based solutions in the field of health science.
- Provide a doctoral level environment that includes faculty research guidance, technology and learning opportunities that lead to the development of the research professional competencies needed to translate theory into practical solutions that lead to successful individual or organizational change and development in health science settings.
- Provide a support system dedicated to student success at the Doctoral level
TUW’s tuition for the Doctorate of Business Administration is $700 per semester credit unit.
Your employer may offer a tuition assistance program so speak with your human resource representative to find out if financial support is available to you. A TUW Tuition Assistance Counselor is available to you in order to determine your eligibility for financial aid and other tuition assistance programs.
The program includes several phases. The first phase includes required courses in theoretical foundations in Health Science, contemporary topics in the field of healthcare, and applicable research for healthcare professionals. Upon completion of the required courses, the student begins the first phase of the research project with each student working closely with a faculty chair and committee in completion of the research project phase proposal. In this phase, students personalize their academic journey for greater outcomes, by selecting a topic of interest applicable to lessons learned in their field and or developing skills specific to a research area of interest. In the final phase, students finalize their research area of interest with a product that lends to real-world solutions while simultaneously achieving their desired goal in the program as a Doctor in the Doctor of Health Science (DHSc) Program.
For additional information , please visit the TUW Catalog.
- Have earned a Master’s degree from an accredited institution. If the degree was awarded oversees, it must be from an institution that is approved by the Ministry of Education.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.4 in the accredited Master’s Program
- Submit an application to the University. (Click here to apply)
- Submit official transcripts from all institutions attended. Transcripts must come directly from the issuing institutions. Students who completed college coursework outside the United States must have their transcripts translated and evaluated. (See Foreign Credit for additional information.)
- Submit two letters of recommendation: one from someone familiar with the prospective student’s academic work; and a professional reference from someone who has supervised the prospective student in a work environment (preferably the current supervisor, excluding family members ).
- Submit a Doctoral Entrance Essay: The entrance essay is an essential part of the Doctoral Program and serves as the initial component of the student’s research portfolio. The entrance essay takes the form of a narrative presenting candidates’
- career plan, and
- goals in pursuing the doctorate at Touro University Worldwide.
- Motivation, maturity of judgment, and creativity;
- Evidence of a sound personal agenda that includes achievable personal and professional objectives;
- Awareness of intellectual strengths as well as skills needing development;
- Awareness of program requirements
- Proficiency with standard written English including the ability to express concepts and communicate meaning in concise writing
- Biographical Component Earlier learning experiences, both formal and informal, should be described. Characterize in terms of the nature and general outcome prior study, related work experience, and participation in scholarly research (if any).
- Career Plan Component Explain how a doctoral-level education fits with stated career plan and goals. How will doctoral study, in conjunction with background and interests, further those goals?
- Goals in Pursuing the Doctorate
Briefly discuss why the reasons for enrolling in doctoral study at Touro University Worldwide, including but not limited to:
- The reasons for selecting the TUW program rather than another doctoral program;
- The particular goals anticipated to be attained through completion of the doctoral curriculum;
- As a human resource management professional, pl...
- A doctor of Management degree or a DBA? Learn t...
- The business concentration you choose helps ope...
- A Business Administration with a concentration ...
- Learning how to become an entrepreneur is chall...
Touro University Worldwide is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC). Touro College Los Angeles (Lander Campus) is a division of Touro University Worldwide.
For more information on WSCUC, visit www.wascsenior.org or write WSCUC at 985 Atlantic Ave., Suite 100, Alameda, CA 94501.