In the last several decades, Physician Assistants (PAs) have positively impacted the health and patient care landscape by providing exceptional medical services and improving the lives of their patients. The Doctorate of Physician Assistant (DPA) program is the only 100% online professional doctorate program without residency requirements, can be achieved while working full-time, and utilizes lessons learned in your accumulated clinical expertise.
The Touro University Worldwide (TUW) Doctorate of Physician Assistant (DPA) program is designed to advance the career of post-professional students practicing in any area of medicine, surgery, medical education or other health-related areas through the application and engagement in scholarly and professional activities commensurate with the doctoral level. The program will provide students with a comprehensive underpinning of the theories and research needed to optimize their experience in their current and/or future careers, as they face the challenges and the evolving demands of today’s healthcare industry.
The DPA program enhances existing knowledge and expands upon competencies applicable to your role as a PA. The doctoral degree adds to your life-long education, clinical experience, and career accomplishments. By earning a Doctorate of Physician Assistant (DPA) degree, PAs, educators, and administrators, advance their careers to excel above others in the field by positioning themselves for a wide range of opportunities to apply innovation, conduct scholarly research, and exercise leadership in a current or future practice.
Students in the DPA program can choose from two concentrations:
Global Health provides graduates of the Doctorate in Physician Assistant with skills and knowledge to manage global and international healthcare organizations, emergency disaster management and policies for global health systems. Students learn how to efficiently manage in global healthcare systems.
Healthcare Leadership provides graduates of the Doctorate in Physician Assistant with leadership skills and knowledge to aid healthcare organizations in reaching their goals. Students learn how to efficiently manage healthcare systems by learning about topics such as financial management, healthcare leadership, strategies in healthcare organizations and best practices in healthcare leadership and management.
The TUW Doctorate of Physician Assistant (DPA) program is open to all qualified students, and is carefully designed to work well for busy professionals and working adults just like you. New advances in educational technology enable you to take your courses to fit the way you live and work, even when you travel. All you need is a computer and Internet connection to participate in the virtual classroom.
Note: This degree does not lead to any form of licensure or certification.
What makes this Doctorate of Physician Assistant program different?
- 100% online
- Affordable tuition
- Nonprofit Accredited University
- No residency required
- No GRE required
- Accelerated admissions process
- 6 starts throughout the year
- 8 weeks session
- Learn from scholar-practitioners with expertise in the industry.
The TUW Doctorate of Physician Assistant (DPA) has several unique features:
- Instructors themselves are scholar-practitioners with expertise as PAs, MDs, and or Healthcare Professionals and actively involved in their own professional work and/or research areas of interest.
- Curriculum design is directly applicable to your background which allow you to excel in the global healthcare industry in your area of interest.
- The unique pedagogy in an online delivery method provides you the flexibility to conveniently advance your education while maintaining busy schedules and family lives.
Doctorate Program Benefit
The program is designed to:
- Provide students with the professional skills and tools to design evidence-based solutions in their professional area of expertise
- Provide a doctoral level environment that includes faculty research guidance, technology and learning opportunities that lead to the development of research professional competencies needed to translate theory into practical solutions that lead to success in a selected setting
- Provide a support system dedicated to student success at the Doctoral level
DPA Faculty Spotlight
DMSc, PhD, PA, AACC, DFAAPA