Online Associate of Arts in General Studies
The Associate of Arts in General Studies is a very important program that TUW is offering online. The Associate’s degree is instrumental in fulfilling TUW’s mission to provide educational opportunities to the underserved population while access is guaranteed to the courses (social justice).
The Associate’s degree program serves as a pre-requisite towards further education at the undergraduate level and for many students to advance to the Masters level after that.
The students need to take the General Education Courses as part of the Undergraduate program. The AA degree will provide students with opportunities to receive better pay and to advance their career while continuing to study towards the undergraduate degree of their choice. The AA degree is an important step and serves as a basis to move forward in the academic path toward a career and a degree.
TUW presents a flexible course of study by offering the associate degree online. The degree is designed to maximize the number of transfer credits counted toward the degree, resulting in a shorter completion time.
Drawing on TUW’s exceptional professional practice faculty, students learn firsthand from industry experts who bring relevance to the classroom. Students can immediately apply the lessons learned in the classroom to their current job while preparing to advance their careers to the next level.
|Course Length||8 weeks|
|Total Credit Hours||60|
|Cost per Credit Hour||$400|
The associate of arts degree program is student centered in a number of ways. Class sizes are limited and more personal, so you receive more of your professor’s time. All TUW professors are carefully selected for their credentials and passion as an educator.APPLY NOW
In order to complete the degree in Associate of Arts in General Studies, the student has to complete a total of 60 credits
- General Education (45 credits)
- Electives (15 credits)
The time it will take to complete the associate degree online can vary. The duration of the program depends on several factors, including the number of credits accepted for transfer and whether or not students take time off between courses. Students who enroll full time (12 credits per semester for three semesters each academic year) can complete the degree in 5 sessions. Students who enroll part-time (six credits per semester for three semesters each academic year) will complete the program in 10 sessions.
Admission to the Associate of Arts in General Studies may be achieved by completion of the following requirements:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- High school cumulative GPA of 2.0 (if not a transfer student)
- Pass admissions test in English and Math/placement test
- Successful completion of a transferable course in ENG 130 with a grade of C or higher, waives admissions test in English.
- Successful completion of a transferable course to MAT 106 or higher, grade of C or higher waives admissions test in Math.
- DBA vs DMGT? Whether you earn a Doctor in Busin...
- Online education pioneer, founder of Touro Univ...
- The social work code of ethics is a set of guid...
- Trends in Physician Assistant education indicat...
- Crisis management planning is a critical role f...