In order to complete the degree in Associate of Arts in General Studies, the student has to complete a total of 60 credits
- General Education (45 credits)
- Electives (15 credits)
The time it will take to complete the associate degree online can vary. The duration of the program depends on several factors, including the number of credits accepted for transfer and whether or not students take time off between courses. Students who enroll full time (12 credits per semester for three semesters each academic year) can complete the degree in 5 sessions. Students who enroll part-time (six credits per semester for three semesters each academic year) will complete the program in 10 sessions.
Admission to the Associate of Arts in General Studies may be achieved by completion of the following requirements:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- High school cumulative GPA of 2.0 (if not a transfer student)
Pass admissions test in English and Math/placement test
- Successful completion of a transferable course in ENG 130 with a grade of C or higher, waives admissions test in English.
- Successful completion of a transferable course to MAT 106 or higher, grade of C or higher waives admissions test in Math.