Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences – Online BSHS Degree
The online Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences (BSHS) from Touro University Worldwide (TUW) is flexible, affordable and will prepare you for a rewarding career in the health profession. Careers in health science are one of the fastest growing in the nation. The demand for health professionals as administrators, educators and community workers is on the rise. With a BSHS from TUW, you will serve a critical role in creatively addressing health needs as the world of public health continues to evolve.
The Health Science curriculum is crafted to provide a holistic, creative and effective approach to developing health professionals. Students can elect one of three health science tracks: Health Education, Health Care Administration and Long-term Care Administration. In each track, students learn a range of skills from foundational theories to professional strategies in their prospective fields. All BSHS courses are taught by real word professionals providing an applied, real world perspective to addressing the world’s leading health outcomes and disparities.
What makes the TUW BSHS Degree different
- Very affordable tuition – Affordable tuition and no additional costs for text books. Ask about our scholarships!
- Experienced faculty – The faculty is comprised of dedicated educators who are also experienced Health Care professionals.
- Cutting-edge courses – Coursework focuses on real-world skills, graduates can immediately apply the lessons learned to their current job while preparing to advance their careers to the next level.
- Flexible – 100% online degree program, designed for busy professionals.
- Choose from 3 tracks and various concentrations.
- 8-week terms, 6 start dates throughout the year.
- Transfer up To 90 Credits toward undergraduate degree.
- Dedicated Advisement provide personal support
Graduates of the BSHS program go on to pursue varied health care careers serving as health educators, community health organizers, healthcare facility and lab managers, in the public and private sector.. In addition, the BSHS is a necessary foundation for those who want to advance their education and careers by pursuing a master’s degree in health Sciences.
Note: This degree does not lead to any form of licensure or certification.
TUW’s tuition is $400 per semester credit unit. A range of tuition assistance programs are available to prospective students to help reduce the out-of-pocket expenses associated with continued education, including scholarships and students loans. Many employers offer tuition assistance programs, so speak with your human resource representative to find out if additional financial support is available to you. Touro University Worldwide tuition assistance counselors are available to determine your eligibility for financial aid and other tuition assistance programs.APPLY NOW
The Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences requires a total of 120 credit hours for completion. For a credit break down, please visit the concentration pages below.
- Health Care Administration – Management
- Health Care Administration – Nutrition and Health
- Health Education
- Long-Term Health Care Administration
The time it will take to complete the Health Sciences degree online can vary. The duration of the program depends on several factors, including the number of credits accepted for transfer and whether or not students take time off between courses. Students who enroll full time (12 credits per semester for three semesters each academic year) can complete the degree in three and a half years. Students who enroll part-time (six credits per semester for three semesters each academic year) will complete the program in seven years.
Students seeking to attend in TUW must meet one of the following criteria to be considered for admission:
- Be a high school graduate.
- Have successfully completed the General Educational Development (GED) test.
- Be a transfer student in good academic standing from another accredited college or university.
Students, who meet one of the above criteria, will be required to complete the following steps in order to be admitted and enrolled:
- Submit an application to the University.
- As a non-profit organization committed to serving the underserved, Touro University Worldwide has waived the $60 application fee for all prospective students.
- Submit official transcripts from all institutions attended. Transcripts must come directly from the issuing institutions. Students who completed college coursework outside the United States must have their transcripts translated and evaluated. (See Foreign Credit for additional information.) Students are required to complete step 3 by the end of their first term of enrollment.
- Chronic stress is can negatively impact our men...
- The TUW registrar helps students by providing a...
- Achieving diversity, equity, and inclusion in t...
- Earning an MSHRM in training and development is...
- There are many different types of therapists. A...
Touro University Worldwide is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC). Touro College Los Angeles (Lander Campus) is a division of Touro University Worldwide.
For more information on WSCUC, visit www.wascsenior.org or write WSCUC at 985 Atlantic Ave., Suite 100, Alameda, CA 94501.