Touro University Worldwide offers an online Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences (BSHS). The unique BSHS program allows you to focus on a Health Science or Healthcare Administration track with specific concentrations. As a student in the BSHS Healthcare Administration track you can obtain a Nutrition and Health concentration.
You will gain the skills and knowledge to explore dietary, nutrition, and health choices to improve and promote healthy lifestyle, to include understanding patient’s health living and good nutrition, and how to prevent disease by promoting good nutrition.
The program is designed for working adults and is targeted to the demands of today’s job marketplace. The degree equips students to enter one of the nation’s fastest-growing job sectors.
The health care administration track with a concentration in Nutrition and Health degree provides theoretical and philosophical foundation to principles of management and administration specific to the health field. Students in the program expand their knowledge of healthcare administration to include fundamental knowledge and understanding of the relationship between nutrition and disease. Recent collaboration from medical organizations and the FDA suggest a move to a greater understanding of the role of health and nutrition (USFDA, n.d).
Graduates of the program will be able to apply to entry-level positions in the health-care industry, or to apply for admission into graduate level programs in health-related fields.
Note: This degree does not lead to any form of licensure or certification.
What makes the TUW BSHS Degree different
- Very affordable tuition – Affordable tuition and no additional costs for text books. Ask about our scholarships!
- Experienced faculty – The faculty is comprised of dedicated educators who are also experienced Health Care professionals.
- Cutting-edge courses – Coursework focuses on real-world skills, graduates can immediately apply the lessons learned to their current job while preparing to advance their careers to the next level.
- Flexible – 100% online degree program, designed for busy professionals.
- 8-week terms, 6 start dates throughout the year.
- Transfer up To 90 Credits toward undergraduate degree.
- Dedicated Advisement provide personal support
BS in Health Sciences Salary
According to the U.S. Bureau of Statistics (BLS)
the salary can vary by state and experience. Nevertheless, employment of medical and health service managers is projected to grow 32% from 2019 to 2029. The Earnings
of health services managers vary by type and size of facility, level of responsibility and geographic region.
TUW has answered student demand with our health science degree offering. The fully online format makes the degree accessible to more students and presents a flexible alternative to traditional on-ground degree programs. Students can transfer up to 90 semester credit hours, allowing you to maximize previous education and expedite degree completion.
The health sciences program is student centered in a number of ways. Class sizes are limited and more personal, so you receive more of your professor’s time. All TUW professors are carefully selected for their credentials and passion as an educator.