Touro University Worldwide offers an online Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences (BSHS). The unique BSHS program provides students the opportunity to obtain their degree with a concentration in Long-term Care Administration. Students in the Long Term Care Administration concentration will gain a deeper understanding of managing assisted living, palliative and residential facilities.
The program is designed for working adults and is targeted to the demands of today’s job marketplace. The degree equips students to enter one of the nation’s fastest-growing job sectors.
As the population of the United States demographically changes, we must learn to address the changing landscape. This combination of factors is making long-term care services increasingly important, particularly for populations that are multi-ethnic and bilingual.
Now, get the education you need to become a part of this dynamic field. The Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences Long-Term Care Administration concentration prepares students for administrative positions in long-term care settings. Students will study long-term care relative to general management, health care administration, and long-term care administration. Students also can choose from one of two specialties: nursing home administration and assisted living administration.
TUW has answered student demand with our health science degree offering. The fully online format makes the degree accessible to more students and presents a flexible alternative to traditional on-ground degree programs. Students can transfer up to 90 semester credit hours, allowing you to maximize previous education and expedite degree completion.
The health sciences program is student centered in a number of ways. Class sizes are limited and more personal, so you receive more of your professor’s time. All TUW professors are carefully selected for their credentials and passion as an educator.
Special topics in this unique concentration include:
- The role of the health care provider and administrator as an advocate for health
- Ethical decision making
- Economic, political and social forces impacting long-term care
- Theories of contemporary health services administration
- And much more
Upon graduation, students will be prepared to administer high-quality management in the following:
- Long-term care facilities
- Retirement communities
- Assisted living facilities
- Nursing Home Administrator
Note: This degree does not lead to any form of licensure or certification.
What makes the TUW BSHS Degree different
- Very affordable tuition – Affordable tuition and no additional costs for text books. Ask about our scholarships!
- Experienced faculty – The faculty is comprised of dedicated educators who are also experienced Health Care professionals.
- Cutting-edge courses – Coursework focuses on real-world skills, graduates can immediately apply the lessons learned to their current job while preparing to advance their careers to the next level.
- Flexible – 100% online degree program, designed for busy professionals.
- 8-week terms, 6 start dates throughout the year.
- Transfer up To 90 Credits toward undergraduate degree.
- Dedicated Advisement provide personal support