Bachelor In Long Term Care Administration
Online BS in Health Sciences
The population of the United States is changing demographically – it is growing older and more ethnically and linguistically diverse. This combination of factors is making long-term care services increasingly important, particularly for populations that are multi-ethnic and bilingual. The field is growing so rapidly that The Wall Street Journal reports that the number of professionals who care for elderly Americans grew 120 percent in 2013.
Now, get the education you need to become a part of this dynamic field. The Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences Long-Term Care Administration concentration prepares students for administrative positions in long-term care settings. Students will study general management, health care administration, and long-term care administrations. Students also can choose from one of two specialties: nursing home administration and assisted living administration. Topics discussed include:
- The role of the health care provider and administrator as an advocate for health
- Ethical decision making
- Economic, political and social forces impacting long-term care
- Theories of contemporary health services administration
- And more
Upon graduation, students will be prepared to administer high-quality, well-managed:
- Long-term care facilities
- Retirement communities
- Assisted living facilities
TUW has answered student demand with our health science degree offering. The fully online format makes the degree accessible to more students and presents a flexible alternative to traditional on-ground degree programs. Students can transfer up to 90 semester credit hours, allowing you to maximize previous education and expedite degree completion.
|Course Length||8 weeks|
|Total Credit Hours||120|
|Cost per Credit Hour||$400|
The long-term care administration program is student centered in a number of ways. Class sizes are limited and more personal, so you receive more of your professor’s time. All TUW professors are carefully selected for their credentials and passion as an educator.APPLY NOW
The Bachelor of Science in Long-Term Care Administration requires a total of 120 credit hours for completion.
- General education (45 credits)
- Prerequisite requirements (21 credits)*
- Major and core requirements (30 credits)
- Electives (24 credits)
* Students must meet the prerequisite requirements before taking any of the major program requirements.
The duration of the program will vary by students. Factors affecting your completion time include the number of transfer credits and time off between courses. A maximum of 90 semester credit hours can be transferred to fulfill the degree requirements. Full-time students can complete the program in 3 ½ years; part-time students can complete the program in seven years.
Students seeking enrollment in the health science program must meet one of the following criteria to be considered for admission:
- High school graduate
- Successful completion of the General Education Development (GED) test
- Transfer student from an accredited college or university in good academic standing
- Business analytics is an essential element for ...
- Healthcare administration is essential to provi...
- A Bachelor of Business Administration with an a...
- The skills learned with a business administrati...
- What is business analytics? It is the skill of ...
Touro University Worldwide is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC). Touro College Los Angeles (Lander Campus) is a division of Touro University Worldwide.
For more information on WSCUC, visit www.wascsenior.org or write WSCUC at 985 Atlantic Ave., Suite 100, Alameda, CA 94501.