Online Doctor of Management Degree Program
Online Doctor of Management
The Touro University Worldwide Doctor of Management (DMgt) is especially designed to serve the needs of working senior executives and top management with advanced theoretical analysis and research and applications skills necessary to perform their jobs as well as to critically understand and assess research reports in their areas and their work and is guided by Touro University Worldwide’s focus on professional graduate education. Students in the program will learn to apply the Scholar-Practitioner Model to real-world research and take an evidence-based approach to problem-solving in managerial settings. Graduates of the program will possess a discerning understanding of how applied principles for business, organizational behavior and management systems can inform evidence-based practice.
The program will give students a comprehensive understanding of the theories and research needed to expand competencies in their current and/or future managerial/executive positions as they face the challenges of individual and institutional functioning in today’s technologically sophisticated, media-connected, and culturally diverse global environment.
What makes us different?
- 100% online
- No residency required
- No GRE required
- Accelerated admissions process
- Affordable tuition
TUW Doctor of Management features:
- Instructors themselves are scholar-practitioners actively involved in their own professional work, solving problems and improving performance to keep pace with major trends in today’s world.
- The program is designed to use a unique pedagogy in an online delivery method that provides students the flexibility to conveniently advance their education and still maintain busy schedules, work, and family lives.
- A convenient program course structure, including course assignments and research options that provide students the flexibility of completing their doctorates at their own pace.
In addition, the Doctor of Management is designed to enable students to gain a broader conceptual mastery of the Scholar-Practitioner Model of research in professional practice through a greater understanding of its subject matter, literature, theory, and methods. The program’s scholarly and professional activities are designed to advance the student substantially beyond the educational accomplishments of a Master’s degree program. The main goal of the program is to develop scholar-practitioners who understand how to integrate research as a regular component of professional practice and translate academic research into real-world solutions involving management at both the individual and organizational levels.
The program is designed to:
- Provide students with the professional skills and tools to design evidence-based solutions in their professional field.
- Provide a doctoral level environment that includes faculty research guidance, technology and learning opportunities that lead to the development of the research professional competencies needed to translate theory into practical solutions that lead to successful individual or organizational behavioral change and development in managerial settings.
- Provide a support system dedicated to student success at the Doctoral level
TUW’s tuition for the Doctorate of Management is $700 per semester credit unit.
Your employer may offer a tuition assistance program so speak with your human resource representative to find out if financial support is available to you. A TUW Tuition Assistance Counselor is available to you in order to determine your eligibility for financial aid and other tuition assistance programs.APPLY NOW
The program includes several steps. The first steps are courses in theory, research and putting theory to practice. Upon completion of the required courses, the student begins the phase of pre-Dissertation (Proposal) and Dissertation. Each student will work with a faculty dissertation chair and committee in completion of the proposal and dissertation phase. To personalize their academic journey for greater outcomes, students will chose a topic to help them focus their research activities and allow for skill development that helps conduct applied research resulting in real-world solutions.
For additional information , please visit the TUW Catalog.
Students seeking to enroll in Touro University Worldwide’s Doctor of Management program must meet the following criteria to be considered for admission:
- Have earned a Master’s degree from an accredited institution. If the degree was awarded oversees, it must be from an institution that is approved by the Ministry of Education.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.4 in the accredited Master’s Program
Students, who meet the above criteria, will be required to complete the following steps in order to be admitted and enrolled at TUW:
- Submit an application to the University. (Click here to apply)
- Submit official transcripts from all institutions attended. Transcripts must come directly from the issuing institutions. Students who completed college coursework outside the United States must have their transcripts translated and evaluated. (See Foreign Credit for additional information.)
- Submit two letters of recommendation: one from someone familiar with the prospective student’s academic work; and a professional reference from someone who has supervised the prospective student in a work environment (preferably the current supervisor, excluding family members ).
- Submit a Doctoral Entrance Essay:
The entrance essay is an essential part of the Doctoral Program and serves as the initial component of the student’s research portfolio.
The entrance essay takes the form of a narrative presenting candidates’
- career plan, and
- goals in pursuing the doctorate at Touro University Worldwide.
The Doctoral Admissions Committee will evaluate the essay. Committee members seek evidence regarding critical qualities and abilities including:
- Motivation, maturity of judgment, and creativity;
- Evidence of a sound personal agenda that includes achievable personal and professional objectives;
- Awareness of intellectual strengths as well as skills needing development;
- Awareness of program requirements
- Proficiency with standard written English including the ability to express concepts and communicate meaning in concise writing
The Doctoral Entrance Essay components should include the following:
- Biographical Component
Earlier learning experiences, both formal and informal, should be described. Characterize in terms of the nature and general outcome prior study, related work experience, and participation in scholarly research (if any).
- Career Plan Component
Explain how a doctoral-level education fits with stated career plan and goals. How will doctoral study, in conjunction with background and interests, further those goals?
- Goals in Pursuing the Doctorate
Briefly discuss why the reasons for enrolling in doctoral study at Touro University Worldwide, including but not limited to:
- The reasons for selecting the TUW program rather than another doctoral program;
- The particular goals anticipated to be attained through completion of the doctoral curriculum;
Proposed topics being considered for the dissertation.
- DBA vs DMGT? Whether you earn a Doctor in Busin...
- Online education pioneer, founder of Touro Univ...
- The social work code of ethics is a set of guid...
- Trends in Physician Assistant education indicat...
- Crisis management planning is a critical role f...