Online Doctor of Management in Strategic Innovation and Change
Online Doctor of Management Concentration in Strategic Innovation and Change
The Touro University Worldwide Doctor of Management (DMgt) concentration in Strategic Innovation and Change is especially designed to serve the needs of working professionals who wish to enhance academic, research, and application skills for professionals and/or practitioners in the field of management with an emphasis on strategic innovation and or change. Further, the strategic innovation and change concentration provides senior executives and top management with advanced theoretical analysis, research comprehension, and applications skills necessary to perform their current or higher level jobs as well as to critically assess the landscape of strategic innovation and change in management from a top down perspective. Graduates from the program will also be prepared to assume faculty positions in institutions of higher learning utilizing knowledge gained in this unique field of study. Finally, the DMgt program’s strategic innovation and change concentration is particularly suited for those who wish to attain senior management consultant assignments in fluid managerial settings worldwide.
The program’s concentration provides theory to application through research that will expand competencies to enhance students’ area of interest regarding strategic innovation and change and associated legal and ethical implications, which include special areas such as finance, technology and marketing. Whether students have an interest in innovation in an organization, change management or both, this unique concentration engages students to demonstrate higher level learning to address both challenges and opportunities in today’s technologically sophisticated, media-connected, and culturally diverse global environment.
What makes us different?
- 100% online
- No residency required
- No GRE required
- Accelerated admissions process
- Affordable tuition
The TUW Doctor of Management concentration in Strategic Innovation and Change has several unique features:
- The faculty members are comprised of dedicated educators who hold doctoral degrees and are experienced leaders and business professionals to include technology, finance and marketing.
- The program is designed to use a unique pedagogy in an online delivery method that gives students the flexibility to conveniently advance their education and still maintain busy schedules, work, and family lives.
- Vast resources are available in the TUW online library with popular research databases useful in completing the Doctor of Management Concentration Courses.
The program is designed to:
- Provide students with the professional skills and tools to design evidence-based solutions in their professional field.
- Provide a doctoral level environment that includes faculty research guidance, technology and learning opportunities that lead to the development of the research professional competencies needed to translate theory into practical solutions for strategic innovation and change management in a variety of organizations.
- Provide a support system dedicated to student success at the Doctoral level
TUW’s tuition for the Doctorate of Management is $700 per semester credit unit.
Your employer may offer a tuition assistance program so speak with your human resource representative to find out if financial support is available to you. A TUW Tuition Assistance Counselor is available to you in order to determine your eligibility for financial aid and other tuition assistance programs.APPLY NOW
The program includes several steps. The first steps are courses in theory, research and putting theory to practice. Upon completion of the required courses, the student begins the phase of pre-Dissertation (Proposal) and Dissertation. Each student will work with a faculty dissertation chair and committee in completion of the proposal and dissertation phase. To personalize their academic journey for greater outcomes, students will chose a topic to help them focus their research activities and allow for skill development that helps conduct applied research resulting in real-world solutions.
For additional information , please visit the TUW Catalog.
Students seeking to enroll in Touro University Worldwide’s Doctor of Management program must meet the following criteria to be considered for admission:
- Have earned a Master’s degree from an accredited institution. If the degree was awarded oversees, it must be from an institution that is approved by the Ministry of Education.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.4 in the accredited Master’s Program
Students, who meet the above criteria, will be required to complete the following steps in order to be admitted and enrolled at TUW:
- Submit an application to the University. (Click here to apply)
- Submit official transcripts from all institutions attended. Transcripts must come directly from the issuing institutions. Students who completed college coursework outside the United States must have their transcripts translated and evaluated. (See Foreign Credit for additional information.)
- Submit two letters of recommendation: one from someone familiar with the prospective student’s academic work; and a professional reference from someone who has supervised the prospective student in a work environment (preferably the current supervisor, excluding family members ).
- Submit a Doctoral Entrance Essay:
The entrance essay is an essential part of the Doctoral Program and serves as the initial component of the student’s research portfolio.
The entrance essay takes the form of a narrative presenting candidates’
- career plan, and
- goals in pursuing the doctorate at Touro University Worldwide.
The Doctoral Admissions Committee will evaluate the essay. Committee members seek evidence regarding critical qualities and abilities including:
- Motivation, maturity of judgment, and creativity;
- Evidence of a sound personal agenda that includes achievable personal and professional objectives;
- Awareness of intellectual strengths as well as skills needing development;
- Awareness of program requirements
- Proficiency with standard written English including the ability to express concepts and communicate meaning in concise writing
The Doctoral Entrance Essay components should include the following:
- Biographical Component
Earlier learning experiences, both formal and informal, should be described. Characterize in terms of the nature and general outcome prior study, related work experience, and participation in scholarly research (if any).
- Career Plan Component
Explain how a doctoral-level education fits with stated career plan and goals. How will doctoral study, in conjunction with background and interests, further those goals?
- Goals in Pursuing the Doctorate
Briefly discuss why the reasons for enrolling in doctoral study at Touro University Worldwide, including but not limited to:
- The reasons for selecting the TUW program rather than another doctoral program;
- The particular goals anticipated to be attained through completion of the doctoral curriculum;
Proposed topics being considered for the dissertation.
- The role of public health is uppermost in our m...
- Entry-level psychology jobs are open in a varie...
- Forensic psychology helps solve crimes, assist ...
- Jobs for criminal justice graduates include law...
- Physician assistant doctoral programs prepare s...
Touro University Worldwide is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC). Touro College Los Angeles (Lander Campus) is a division of Touro University Worldwide.
For more information on WSCUC, visit www.wascsenior.org or write WSCUC at 985 Atlantic Ave., Suite 100, Alameda, CA 94501.