Doctor of Psychology in Human and Organizational Psychology
Online Doctor of Psychology in Human and Organizational Psychology
Distinguish yourself among your peers and competitors as an industry thought leader and engage in a deeper, more profound way of learning by earning a PsyD in Human and Organizational Psychology from Touro University Worldwide (TUW).
What makes online PsyD at TUW different?
- 100% online
- No residency required
- No GRE required
- Accelerated admissions process
- Affordable tuition
Organizational psychology is a growing field. Employers are constantly looking to gain a better understanding of what motivates their workforce in order to increase productivity, profitability and lower turnover. TUW’s doctoral program helps to promote a greater understanding and more effective implementation of psychology in the workplace.
Note: This degree does not lead to any form of licensure.
TUW’s doctoral program is designed to provide:
- Professionals with the skills and tools necessary to design evidence-based solutions in their professional field.
- A doctoral-level academic environment that includes faculty research guidance, technology and learning opportunities.
- A support system dedicated to student success at the doctoral level.
TUW’s tuition for the PsyD is $700 per semester credit unit.
Your employer may offer a tuition assistance program so speak with your human resource representative to find out if financial support is available to you. A TUW Tuition Assistance Counselor is available to you in order to determine your eligibility for financial aid and other tuition assistance programs.APPLY NOW
TUW’s online doctoral degree gives students the ability to focus their studies in the fields of organizational psychology, leadership psychology and industrial psychology. The program allows you to translate theory into practice.
The program includes several steps. The first steps are courses in theory, research and putting theory to practice. Upon completion of the required courses, the student begins the phase of pre-Dissertation (Proposal) and Dissertation. Each student will work with a faculty dissertation chair and committee in completion of the proposal and dissertation phase. To personalize their academic journey for greater outcomes, students will chose a topic to help them focus their research activities and allow for skill development that helps conduct applied research resulting in real-world solutions.
For additional information , please visit the TUW Catalog.
Students seeking to enroll in Touro University Worldwide’s PsyD program must meet the following criteria to be considered for admission:
- Have earned a Master’s degree from an accredited institution. If the degree was awarded overseas, it must be from an institution that is approved by the Ministry of Education.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.4 in the accredited Master’s Program
Students, who meet the above criteria, will be required to complete the following steps in order to be admitted and enrolled at TUW:
- Submit an application to the University. (Click here to apply)
- Submit official transcripts from all institutions attended. Transcripts must come directly from the issuing institutions. Students who completed college coursework outside the United States must have their transcripts translated and evaluated. (See Foreign Credit for additional information.)
- Submit two letters of recommendation: one from someone familiar with the prospective student’s academic work; and a professional reference from someone who has supervised the prospective student in a work environment (preferably the current supervisor, excluding family members ).
- Submit a Doctoral Entrance Essay:
The entrance essay is an essential part of the Doctoral Program and serves as the initial component of the student’s research portfolio.
The entrance essay takes the form of a narrative presenting candidates’
- career plan, and
- goals in pursuing the doctorate at Touro University Worldwide.
The Doctoral Admissions Committee will evaluate the essay. Committee members seek evidence regarding critical qualities and abilities including:
- Motivation, maturity of judgment, and creativity;
- Evidence of a sound personal agenda that includes achievable personal and professional objectives;
- Awareness of intellectual strengths as well as skills needing development;
- Awareness of program requirements
- Proficiency with standard written English including the ability to express concepts and communicate meaning in concise writing
The Doctoral Entrance Essay components should include the following:
- Biographical Component
Earlier learning experiences, both formal and informal, should be described. Characterize in terms of the nature and general outcome prior study, related work experience, and participation in scholarly research (if any).
- Career Plan Component
Explain how a doctoral-level education fits with stated career plan and goals. How will doctoral study, in conjunction with background and interests, further those goals?
- Goals in Pursuing the Doctorate
Briefly discuss why the reasons for enrolling in doctoral study at Touro University Worldwide, including but not limited to:
- The reasons for selecting the TUW program rather than another doctoral program;
- The particular goals anticipated to be attained through completion of the doctoral curriculum;
Proposed topics being considered for the dissertation or research program/exegesis paper project.
- Emotional intelligence in business is just as i...
- Effective communication skills are important fo...
- The effects of cyberbullying are serious and lo...
- If it has been said before, it bears repeating:...
- Public health social work in today's complex so...
Touro University Worldwide is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC). Touro College Los Angeles (Lander Campus) is a division of Touro University Worldwide.
For more information on WSCUC, visit www.wascsenior.org or write WSCUC at 985 Atlantic Ave., Suite 100, Alameda, CA 94501.