High School Seniors & Home Schooled Students
High School Seniors
TUW allows high school seniors to take lower division undergraduate level courses initially as non-degree-seeking students which they will be able to transfer the credits towards a degree. High School Seniors will be accepted under the following conditions:
- High-school GPA (grade point average) of at least 3.0
- A letter of recommendation from high-school advisor/counselor
- Parental permission
- Official copy of high-school transcript
Home Schooled Students
Home schooled students may apply for admission to TUW. Student must provide proof that he/she has completed their state’s requirements for high school graduation. The home school family is responsible for compliance with all requirements for their state.
There are several options for home schooled students to fulfill TUW entry requirements:
- GED (General Educational Development Test). Some states require that a home school student take the GED. (If your state requires a GED, then you must request the GED scores be sent to TUW directly).
- Student Transcript (provided by outside source). If affiliated with a home school program, academy, or consortium, the student should request that the outside source provide a copy of the official transcript to TUW.
If the student is affiliated with an organization that does not provide transcripts, the family will be responsible for providing a transcript as instructed below:
- Student Transcript (provided by family source) if the program has been customized by the family, a transcript is required with all course hours and grades.
- The family member or the person in charge of the home school program will be responsible for verifying the transcript as an official transcript.
- An accurate transcript needs the following details:
- Name of Course
- Grade for Each Course
- Program Used for Each Course. If students have used an external curriculum, this must be indicated next to the course. Example: MAT I (Name of the curriculum or company). If the student used the same curriculum for all courses except certain courses, please state so on the transcript. If textbooks were used for certain courses, the names of the textbooks must be provided.
- Signature – Provide name and signature of the person(s) in charge of the home school.
- Date of Graduation on the Final Transcript.
- An academic advisor is an important component o...
- Do you need a degree to start a business? No. B...
- An AA in General Studies leads to higher-paying...