The Health Education concentration is multidisciplinary which uses physical, biological, social and behavioral fields of health education to promote health outcomes. With a great role in preventative care, the field of health education is booming.
Professionals interested in a career in this health sector can now enroll in a degree offering from Touro University Worldwide (TUW). Our bachelor’s degree in health sciences with a health education concentration will provide an overview of health promotion and community health education strategies to address today’s growing concerns. To allow students maximum flexibility the BSHS program is fully online.
TUW’s Health Education concentration provides the opportunity to explore topics and develop the skills for assessing, organizing, and implementing effective strategies and interventions in communities. Students learn to identify problems and implement educational strategies in the health education field.
TUW has answered student demand with our health science degree offering. The fully online format makes the degree accessible to more students and presents a flexible alternative to traditional on-ground degree programs. Students can transfer up to 90 semester credit hours, allowing you to maximize previous education and expedite degree completion.
The health sciences program is student centered in a number of ways. Class sizes are limited and more personal, so you receive more of your professor’s time. All TUW professors are carefully selected for their credentials and passion as an educator.
Graduates will be eligible for the nationally recognized Certified Health Education Specialist examination (CHES) through the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing. Students with courses meetings the Seven Areas of Responsibility are eligible for the exam.
Graduates of the program will be able to apply to entry-level healthcare positions, or apply for admission into graduate level programs in a related field.
Note: This degree does not lead to any form of licensure or certification.
What makes the TUW BSHS Degree different
- Very affordable tuition – Affordable tuition and no additional costs for text books. Ask about our scholarships!
- Experienced faculty – The faculty is comprised of dedicated educators who are also experienced Health Care professionals.
- Cutting-edge courses – Coursework focuses on real-world skills, graduates can immediately apply the lessons learned to their current job while preparing to advance their careers to the next level.
- Flexible – 100% online degree program, designed for busy professionals.
- 8-week terms, 6 start dates throughout the year.
- Transfer up To 90 Credits toward undergraduate degree.
- Dedicated Advisement provide personal support