BS in Health Sciences – Bachelor in Health Education
Health education is playing a larger role in health care because of its focus on preventative care through education rather than treating patients after they’ve fallen ill. Professionals interested in a career in this health care sector can now enroll in a new degree offering from Touro University Worldwide (TUW). Our bachelor’s degree in health sciences with a health education concentration will give you a broader overview of health promotion and community health education. And, the program is offered fully online to allow maximum flexibility.
TUW takes a comprehensive approach to health sciences by focusing on the physical, biological, social and behavioral fields of health education. Students explore relevant topics through examining case studies that allow for the development of necessary skills, including assessment, organizing communities and identifying and implementing educational strategies in the health education field.
Graduates will be eligible for the nationally recognized Certified Health Education Specialist examination (CHES) through the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing.
TUW has answered student demand with our health science degree offering. The fully online format makes the degree accessible to more students and presents a flexible alternative to traditional on-ground degree programs. Students can transfer up to 90 semester credit hours, allowing you to maximize previous education and expedite degree completion.
|Course Length||8 weeks|
|Total Credit Hours||120|
|Cost per Credit Hour||$400|
The health sciences program is student centered in a number of ways. Class sizes are limited and more personal, so you receive more of your professor’s time. All TUW professors are carefully selected for their credentials and passion as an educator.APPLY NOW
The Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences requires a total of 120 credit hours for completion.
- General education (45 credits)
- Prerequisite requirements (21 credits)*
- Major and core requirements (30 credits)
- Electives (24 credits)
* Students must meet the prerequisite requirements before taking any of the major program requirements.
The duration of the program will vary by students. Factors affecting your completion time include the number of transfer credits and time off between courses. A maximum of 90 semester credit hours can be transferred to fulfill the degree requirements. Full-time students can complete the program in 3 ½ years; part-time students can complete the program in seven years.
Students seeking enrollment in the health science program must meet one of the following criteria to be considered for admission:
- High school graduate
- Successful completion of the General Education Development (GED) test
- Transfer student from an accredited college or university in good academic standing
- DBA vs DMGT? Whether you earn a Doctor in Busin...
- Online education pioneer, founder of Touro Univ...
- The social work code of ethics is a set of guid...
- Trends in Physician Assistant education indicat...
- Crisis management planning is a critical role f...