General Studies Degrees
The curriculum of the School of General Studies is central to the mission of Touro University Worldwide and to its commitment to a quality undergraduate and professional education with specific emphasis on the program and the population it serves. The general studies program is organized into the following subject areas of English & Communication Skills, Critical Thinking, Sciences & Mathematics, Arts and Humanities, Social Sciences & Behavioral Sciences, History, Cultural Studies, Physical & Biological Sciences and Information Literacy. The purpose of general studies is to provide a common educational experience for students, regardless of major field of study. The faculty is committed to ensuring that the general studies program cultivates knowledge, skills, and values with a breadth that is characteristic of a learned person.
Associate General Studies Programs
Upon successful completion of general education requirements students should be able to:
- Write and speak fluently and expressively
- Identify, analyze, and evaluate arguments as they occur in one’s own and others’ writing
- Analyze and interpret data in a scientific or social context
- Demonstrate a comprehension of one’s individual cultural identity in relationship to other cultures and lifestyles
- Analyze situations based on moral and ethical principles
- Assess, access and use information responsibly
- Collaborate with others in diverse group settings
- Comprehend the nature of the natural world and scientific inquiry
- Interpret creative expressions of the human experience
- Explain human behavior as it relates to its social environment
- Explain today’s political and social circumstances in terms of historical and social force
Students are required to complete 45 credits of General Education coursework, out of the below GE offerings, which is applied towards the bachelor degree. Students can meet these goals by completing courses at a community college or an accredited institutions or by an approved exam and transfer the credits to TUW, and/or by completing the general education courses at TUW, which includes the following areas of study. The same course cannot be used to meet both general education and major program requirements. Click here for a list of the General Education courses that are offered.
Students seeking enrollment in the psychology program must meet one of the following criteria to be considered for admission:
- Be a high school graduate
- Have successfully completed the General Educational Development (GED) test
- Be a transfer student from another accredited college or university in good academic standing
- Business analytics is an essential element for ...
- Healthcare administration is essential to provi...
- A Bachelor of Business Administration with an a...
- The skills learned with a business administrati...
- What is business analytics? It is the skill of ...
Touro University Worldwide is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC). Touro College Los Angeles (Lander Campus) is a division of Touro University Worldwide.
For more information on WSCUC, visit www.wascsenior.org or write WSCUC at 985 Atlantic Ave., Suite 100, Alameda, CA 94501.