What Does the Registrar At Touro University Worldwide Do?
The Touro University Worldwide registrar fulfills one of the most important roles the university offers students. The TUW registrar’s office interacts with all students, providing them services that keep them on track to complete their education.
The TUW registrar securely manages and maintains all important education-related records for students. Services provided by the registrar include enrollment and degree verification, grades reports, official transcript requests, and retention of student records.
It’s important for students to understand the role of the TUW registrar’s office and how it provides services central to enjoying a smooth college experience.
What Is a Registrar?
A registrar is a senior administrative executive who oversees an academic institution’s registrar’s office. The main role of the registrar’s office is to maintain student and course data. Duties performed by the registrar’s office include helping students schedule and register for classes and making sure their academic performance meets graduation requirements.
Best Practices for a University Registrar
The TUW registrar follows best practices in its evolving role for the university. Some of those practices include:
- Representing students’ best interests, how they best perform across a variety of program formats
- Communicating outcomes and making transcripts, certificates, diplomas, and badges understood and actionable
- Ensuring the privacy of student and school data
The TUW registrar’s office is aware of the growing importance of the registrar’s office. As noted by Inside Higher Education, the registrar’s office is “located at several intersections.” They include academic life and administrative life, protecting student data and making it actionable, supporting and scaffolding student-led pathways.
“Those intersections, among others, are fundamentally transforming the profile of the registrar,” according to the author from Inside Higher Ed.
How the TUW Registrar Office is Prepped to Help Students
The TUW registrar’s office operates with a core set of responsibilities. They include the following.
- Maintaining prompt and accurate records of students’ academic progress and accomplishments
- Providing professional, efficient, and knowledgeable delivery of services related to students’ academic records
- Interpreting, implementing, and enforcing academic policies related to academic records
- Adhering to professional practices and ethical standards developed by the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO)
- Complying with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) to ensure student academic record accuracy, security, and integrity
In addition to the different records they keep for students, the TUW registrar’s office also helps students meet important deadlines for signing up for classes and declaring majors. They also manage verification requests for many different organizations, including scholarship associations and verification companies.
While every member of faculty and staff plays a role in the success of each student, some of the most important interactions a student will have are with the TUW registrar’s office. It’s good to know that a knowledgeable and dedicated staff is on their side, ensuring the safety of their records and supporting them in every possible way.
- The Career Planning Process
- Benefits of Earning an Associate of Arts in General Studies
- Earning a Master’s Degree Online – An Advanced Degree for Non-Traditional Students
- Online Master of Business Administration: Meeting the Business Challenges of the 21st Century
- Launch a Rewarding Career with an Accounting Associate Degree