Do You Need an MBA to get a DBA?
Many students who earn an MBA see entering a Doctor of Business Administration program as the next logical step on their academic journey. But while many DBA students have earned an MBA, it’s not a requirement to do so.
The online DBA program at Touro University Worldwide welcomes students who have earned a graduate degree in any discipline, including a Master of Human Resource Management. TUW designed its DBA program to advance the careers of students working in any managerial area or industry.
The program offers graduates the skills and knowledge needed to solve real-world business issues. Earning a DBA makes business leaders and managers better at what they do, as well as more marketable in their careers.
Why Earn a DBA?
DBA graduates establish themselves as experts in the latest business theories and strategies in areas such as leadership, global change, and decision-making. They also have the critical thinking and problem-solving skills needed to apply them to business challenges.
And those challenges are rapidly expanding. The global nature of today’s marketplace, coupled with the possibilities in innovative technology and predictive analytics, make businesses more interested than ever in having someone with a DBA involved with setting strategy and goals.
The TUW DBA program teaches professionals important research methods. All students work on a doctoral research project which gives them the opportunity to develop and defend a new approach to solving business-related issues.
The 100 percent online format allows professionals to take classes from the comfort of their own home while maintaining a full-time job.
What Are the Requirements for the TUW DBA Program?
At TUW, students must meet a list of criteria for admission consideration. These criteria include earning a master’s degree from an accredited institution and holding a cumulative 3.4 GPA in an accredited master’s program.
If prospective students meet those criteria, they must then complete the following steps to get admitted to the TUW DBA program.
- Submit an application to TUW
- Submit official transcripts from all institutions attended.
- Transcripts must come directly from the issuing institutions. Students who completed college coursework outside the United States must have transcripts translated and evaluated.
- Two letters of recommendation from two different sources: someone familiar with the prospective student’s academic work; and a professional reference from a work supervisor (preferably the current supervisor, excluding family members)
Students must also submit a doctoral entrance essay, which becomes the first component in the student’s research portfolio. Students write a biography for the essay, as well as detail how pursuing a DBA will further their career plans and goals.
Each essay is evaluated by the Doctoral Admissions Committee. Committee members seek evidence of critical qualities and abilities. These include the following:
- Motivation, maturity of judgment, and creativity
- Evidence of a sound personal agenda that includes achievable personal and professional objectives
- Awareness of intellectual strengths as well as skills needing development
- Awareness of program requirements
- Proficiency with standard written English including the ability to express concepts and communicate meaning in concise writing
The DBA program allows managers who have earned a master’s degree in all career fields to pursue the highest degree in business. The TUW DBA program can provide the skills and knowledge needed for graduates to become the best in their chosen field.
- An online MBA degree offers new and established...
- If you want to help people, a psychology career...
- Chronic stress is can negatively impact our men...
- The TUW registrar helps students by providing a...
- Achieving diversity, equity, and inclusion in t...