Five Traits of a Good Leader
“A business is only as strong as its leadership.”
Leaders who can understand how people feel in a given situation and respond accordingly will go far in building trust and respect among their employees. In fact, empathy may help a for-profit company meet sales goals. There are many studies that tie empathy to better business results and enhance employee performance.
Leaders inspire confidence in their employees by quickly making decisions, many of which are tough. Business leaders must act quickly and move on decisions that advance the greater good of the company or organization.
Issues or problems within an organization must be brought to light quickly, and the people in charge are the ones for the job. Modern leaders know the importance of communicating about issues and working with their employees to implement solutions.
By the same token, tenacity and perseverance must be evident in leaders. When issues arise, employees look to upper-level management to gauge how they should react. The focus of solid business leaders should always be on quickly and efficiently finding the best solution for everyone.
Good leaders motivate and praise their employees. They encourage their employees both professionally and personally, and they strive to be people for whom their employees want to work. Their goal is to remain excellent role models for their workforce.
Individuals who are willing to step out of their comfort zones and learn to become great role models may do well to earn a business degree. Touro University Worldwide’s Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and Management degree is an excellent place to start down this path, as students learn important management concepts and techniques necessary to lead in a variety of business settings. The program is offered fully online.
- What You’ll Earn: Salaries in Health and Human Services
- Things to Consider When You Are Getting An MBA
- Psychology: Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science?
- Interested in Becoming a Psychologist?
- 5 Career Paths for Public Health Degree Graduates
- Five Traits of a Good Leader
- Healthcare Administration Careers
- What is Dispute Resolution
- Bachelor of Science Job Opportunities
- The Role of Industrial and Organizational Psychology in the Workplace
- A Day in the Life of a Healthcare Administrator
- What is the Role of an Organizational Psychologist?
- How to Become a Healthcare Administrator
- How Do I Become a Marriage and Family Therapist?
- A Day in the Life of a Social Worker
- Jobs in Psychology
- Career Profile: Nursing Home Administrator
- Defining Conflict Management
- Social Work Code of Ethics
- What Can I Do with a Health Sciences Degree
- Unique Social Work Careers
- Career Profile: Health Educator
- Marriage and Family Therapists: Salary Potential and Career Growth
- Are You Well-Suited for a Career in Human Services?
- Should I Get a Doctoral Degree?
- Social Workers and Marriage and Family Therapists
- Options for Associate Degree Graduates
- What Degree Should I Get?
- Liberal Studies vs General Studies
- Human Resource Management Degree
- Steps to Becoming a Psychologist
- What Does An Educational Psychologist Do?
- 5 Types of Therapists
- General Studies Degree Career Possiblities
- 4 Types of Therapy for Mental Health and Well-Being
- Top 4 Careers in Public Health
- Careers in Industrial & Organizational Psychology
- Is A General Studies Degree Worth It?
- Top 5 Jobs: Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- What Is A Human Resources Manager?
- Tackling Nonprofit Fundraising
- A Day in the Life of a Financial Analyst
- 5 Ways to Define Good Communication
- How Do I Become an Accountant?
- Fortune 500 Companies in California
- Communication Skills in the Workplace
- 5 Qualities of a Good Manager
- MBA Specializations
- How to Become a Family Therapist
- What Can You Do With an MBA?
- What is a Human Resource Manager
- What Do I Need to Become a Psychologist?
- Is Earning an MBA Worth the Effort?
- Physician assistant doctoral programs prepare s...
- Important tips for military spouses going back ...
- Learn how to become a youth worker. Earn an onl...