Build a Career on Military Service
Touro University Worldwide offers academic, financial support for military officers
Military officers looking for their next move after service should consider continuing their education for a new or advanced career. And, military officers have an advantage of using military educational benefits, which limit out-of-pocket expenses for earning a college degree and provide support for academic excellence.
The Value of Higher Education
An advanced degree has tremendous value in today’s economy. Military officers with a master’s degree are positioned for greater career opportunities and higher income levels than professionals with just a high school diploma. According to 2011 data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, master’s degree recipients have an unemployment rate of just 3.6 percent compared to 9.4 percent among professionals with just a high school diploma. The same data shows that advanced degree recipients will earn double the weekly income, on average, as high school graduates.
Education Benefits for Military Officers
There is a wealth of educational benefits available to military officers who seek to build a career through continued education; many benefits go beyond covering tuition and providing financial support for the full cost of a degree.
Post-9/11 GI Bill®
Military officers serving a total of three or more years of active duty since Sept. 11, 2001 are eligible for up to 36 months of full tuition and fees along with an annual voucher for books and supplies and a monthly housing stipend.
Yellow Ribbon Program
The Yellow Ribbon Program is designed to supplement the Post 9/11 GI Bill® benefits provided to military officers. The Yellow Ribbon Program is offered by participating higher education institutions and offers additional tuition support not covered by traditional benefits, including tuition rates of private schools, out-of-state public programs and graduate-level programs.
Montgomery GI Bill®
Military officers are eligible for over $47,500 in financial support for higher education, including tuition and fees, books, supplies, housing and other living expenses incurred while continuing education.
Veteran’s Education Assistance Program (VEAP)
Contributions made by military officers to a VEAP account are matched on a $2 to $1 basis. Earned benefits do not have to be applied to higher education. Benefits can be used for the following:
- Degree and certificate programs
- Flight training
- Apprenticeship or on-the-job training and correspondence courses
Military tuition assistance
Each branch of the armed forces—including Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force and Coast Guards—offers its own educational benefits of up to 100 percent coverage, which military officers can use to fund their education.
Scholarships are an excellent way to fund a college degree and help limit out-of-pocket costs associated with tuition and fees, books, supplies and living expenses. Many organizations offer service-oriented scholarship to military members to help them afford college.
*GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
Graduate Degrees Offered by Touro University Worldwide
Touro University Worldwide (TUW) wants to help remove the barriers that prevent many military officers from continuing their education. TUW works with veterans to find financial solutions that help make a master’s degree an affordable career option. Furthermore, faculty members and staff are readily available to help provide additional academic support when needed to help ensure their academic excellence. Military officers can consider the following degree programs for continuing their education:
- Master of Arts in Industrial and Organizational Psychology: Professionals can advance their understanding of and expand their skills related to workplace dynamics, including management, human resources and organizational structure.
- Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy: Today’s mental health care delivery systems are examining the dynamics of family more closely in order to assist patients affected by issues at home.
- Master of Arts in Media and Communication Psychology: Media and communication power today’s global economy. Professionals enrolled in this program can focus their degree by choosing among the following concentrations: media psychology, leadership, online and distance learning and media publishing.
- Master of Business Administration: An MBA is among the most sought-after credentials in today’s business workforce. Gain broader understanding of business concepts, including accounting, marketing and management.
- Doctor of Psychology (PsyD) in Human and Organizational Psychology: Professionals can earn an advanced degree while developing a broader understanding of how applied psychology principles from business, organizational psychology, media psychology and systems psychology can inform evidence-based practice.
TUW’s online programs offer the ultimate flexibility for military officers who have an unpredictable schedule. A degree is accessible, affordable and achievable at TUW.
Touro University Worldwide (TUW) believes in the transformative power of continued education. TUW students are committed to social justice, intellectual pursuit and philanthropic duty and receive a well-rounded educational experience focused on the holistic development of the individual. An advanced degree from TUW can change your career trajectory and your future putting you on a path towards advancement and lifelong success.
- Why Are Marriage and Family Therapists in Demand?
- What Can You Do With a BSBA in Economics Degree?
- Touro University Worldwide Offers High-Quality, Affordable Online Degrees
- Touro University Worldwide Offers Affordable, High-Quality Online MBA Program
- TUW Offers Online College Degree Programs Designed for Working Adults