The Global Demand for Project Managers
The demand for project managers around the world has led to a “talent gap” that industry professionals believe will widen in the coming years.
There is such disparity between the need for project managers and the number of people training to enter the profession that the Project Management Institute (PMI) has reported organizations “face risks” because of this talent gap in terms of inefficient projects.
However, that’s good news for those seeking a BSBA with a project management concentration. Offered 100% online by Touro University Worldwide, the program prepares students for public and private sector jobs such as:
- Project management coordinator
- Project management specialist
- Project execution and management
- Project management and team coordination expert
They’ll be needed. PMI expects about 22 million new jobs in project management around the world by 2027.
Growth and Talent Gap
The Job Growth and Talent Gap 2017-2027 report from PMI found several factors have increased the demand for project managers:
- An increase in jobs that require expertise in project management
- Older project managers retiring from the workforce
- An increased demand for project managers in rapidly growing countries such as China and India
The report shows how central project management has become for many organizations. With a focus on innovation, effectiveness and efficiency, project managers are helping more organizations than ever in successfully completing projects on time and within budget.
87 Million Jobs
PMI expects organizations worldwide will need 87.7 million people in project management-focused roles by 2027. One factor leading to this substantial number is that the first wave of project managers has started to reach retirement age at a time the number of jobs in the field are expanding rapidly.
Getting a degree in project management prepares the foundation for you to become a certified project management professional, a certification awarded by PMI. The certification is global in nature. That means getting a degree and earning certification prepares you not just for jobs in the United States, but around the world.
The countries with the highest demand include:
- United Kingdom
- Saudi Arabia.
Why The Big Demand for Project Managers
Success has driven the demand for project managers. Organizations that put project management into play have learned the value of people learning an effective methodology for successfully completing projects on time and within budget.
There are more part-time jobs, as well as organizations increasingly want workers across all departments having at least some training in project management.
For those who have decided to enter the business world, choosing to focus on project management opens the door to more opportunities than ever. PMI projects that organizations will need to hire about 2.2 million people for project management-related jobs each year between now and 2027.
Project management is a growing field, putting you at the forefront of innovation and change in the global business environment. Earning a degree with a focus on project management could prove a smart move for those who wish to enter the field.
- Touro University Worldwide Offers High-Quality, Affordable Online Degrees
- Touro University Worldwide Offers Affordable, High-Quality Online MBA Program
- TUW Offers Online College Degree Programs Designed for Working Adults
- What Can You Do with a Master of Arts in Psychology with a Concentration in Educational Psychology ?
- Artificial Intelligence in Psychology