Bachelor of Arts in Social Work Degree Admission Requirements
Policy for Admission to Bachelor of Arts in Social Work Program
To be considered for admission to the Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) program at TUW, students must submit an online application to apply to the program. The BSW program reviews applications as submitted for students interested in the program, which is offered six times per year in 8-week terms. Students that apply after the beginning of a term will be considered for program admission in the next available term.
Transfer credits: Of the 120 credit hour BSW program requirement, up to a maximum of 90 semester credits may be transferred to fulfill the Bachelor of Arts in Social Work program requirements, with no more than 45 transferable general education (GE) credits. Students must complete or transfer the GE prerequisite requirements before moving to the major core courses of the BSW program. Transfer credits for social work courses must be equivalent to social work courses in TUW’s BSW program. A minimum of 30 semester credits from the program core courses must be completed in Touro University Worldwide’s BSW program including practice, practicum, and capstone courses.
All applications are reviewed for initial screening by the enrollment counselor assigned to the BSW program who ensures the following requirements are met:
- A minimum of 2.0 overall GPA
- Submit the BSW application with all required documents
- High School Diploma
- Relevant transcripts to determine transfer credit (as applicable)
- Acknowledge all BSW requirements including a commitment to the profession of social work by providing initials next to each requirement on the initial application
- Submit an essay that explains why you desire to work in the Social Work profession.
Once the minimum requirements are met, the enrollment counselor assigned to the BSW program submits the electronic application that is reviewed by the Registrar’s Office and the BSW Program Director who has the final approval of admission for all BSW applicants.
Final decision for admission into the BSW program
The Director of the BSW program makes the final decision for applicants’ admissions into the BSW program.
The applicant is notified of the acceptance into the BSW program via email from the TUW Registrar’s Office.
If there are contingency requirements, the assigned BSW enrollment counselor will notify the student via email and state the contingencies, e.g., update the biography, contact the Program Director to schedule an interview, etc.
In the case where a student does not meet the criteria for admittance into the BSW program, an email will be provided by the Registrar’s Office.
Student Right to Appeal
If an applicant is denied admittance to the BSW program and/or seeks clarity in areas such as transfer credits, the applicant can appeal to an Admissions Review Committee (ARC). The ARC email is provided by the Registrar’s Office and or the assigned BSW enrollment Counselor to students who are denied admittance and or require further clarity such as transfer credits.
- College Tuition and Fees
- Technology Requirements for Online Courses
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Online Degree Completion Program
- Associate Degree Admission Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree Admission Requirements
- Master’s Degree Admission Requirements
- Bachelor of Arts in Social Work Degree Admission Requirements
- Doctorate Degree Admission Requirements
- International Student Admission Requirements
- Non-Degree Seeking Admission Requirements
- Transfer Students
- Transfer Partnerships