Physician and Healthcare Executive Online MBA Program
Welcome to the MBA Physician/Healthcare Executive at TUW!
The MBA Physician/HealthCare Executive concentration at TUW provides students with a unique blend of necessary skills and knowledge to pursue a career in the field of healthcare delivery and administration, by focusing on the efficient management of medical practices and hospitals.
In this concentration, students have an opportunity to learn about specific managerial, financial, marketing, and operational challenges of delivering high quality healthcare in medical practices and hospitals, by learning and applying managerial, financial methods, and strategies for ensuring the efficient management of healthcare organizations.
Key highlights of the MBA Physician/Healthcare Executive Program:
- Asynchronous teaching which allows students to access all the required readings online (no required textbook).
- Flexible curriculum by allowing students to choose their course to fit their career objectives.
- Convenient and Flexible studies schedule that fits your lifestyle and your career challenges since the courses are taken 100% online.
- Courses are taught by specialized and experienced faculty who continuously provide academic assistance to students throughout the course.
- Helping train physicians and other healthcare executives to manage efficiently medical practices or hospitals by understanding and applying financial and managerial techniques to address specific needs of healthcare organizations: budgeting, contracting, human resource management, quality and safety compliance, healthcare and patient satisfaction outcomes
The Physician/Health Executive Concentration is designed to allow students with the flexibility of selecting courses specific to their general need in a medical practice and/or healthcare setting such as learning about healthcare systems, quality assurance, legal and ethics issues, how to effectively manage a medical practice, and best practices in hospital management.
Coupling specific concentration courses tailored to a specific need with the core MBA courses will ensure that students have learned contemporary managerial principles applicable to physicians and/or health care executives to apply managerial skillsets to medical practices, hospitals and other healthcare organizations.
TUW’s tuition is $500 per semester credit unit. A range of tuition assistance programs are available to prospective students to help reduce the out-of-pocket expenses associated with continued education, including scholarships and student loans. Many employers offer tuition assistance programs, so speak with your human resource representative to find out if additional financial support is available to you. Touro University Worldwide tuition assistance counselors are available to determine your eligibility for financial aid and other tuition assistance programs.APPLY NOW
The curriculum comprises nine core courses including a capstone plus three concentration courses, totaling 36 semester credits. To provide students with more depth in the area of business administration that relates to specific goals, students select one of the five concentrations that best relates to their aspirations.
TUW offers ten unique concentrations that allow professionals to target their course of study to meet their specific career goals.
Students seeking to attend in TUW must meet one of the following criteria to be considered for admission:
- Have earned a Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution with a minimum overall GPA of 2.5.
- Transfer student from another college/university’s graduate program in good academic standing (minimum GPA of 2.75).
Students, who meet one of the above criteria, will be required to complete the following steps in order to be admitted and enrolled:
- Submit an application to the University.
- As a non-profit organization committed to serving the underserved, Touro University Worldwide has waived the $60 application fee for all prospective students.
- Submit official transcripts from all institutions attended. Transcripts must come directly from the issuing institutions. Students who completed college coursework outside the United States must have their transcripts translated and evaluated. (See Foreign Credit for additional information.) Students are required to complete step 3 by the end of their first term of enrollment.