University Student Voice System
Consistent with our mission and goal of a student-centered university, our student service model aims to develop policies that ensure student success with a holistic approach. We have designed a high-engagement support network for students addressing individual needs as progress is made towards the completion of a degree at TUW.
TUW, we use your comments and feedback as the foundation of our own continuous improvement plan. Our latest effort to capture the voice of our students is the new University Student Voice System (USVS). This process establishes a central place where students can submit compliments, complaints, or general comments. We believe the USVS will direct our steps to address student concerns in a fair, efficient and collegial manner.
As you construct your submissions, we encourage you to be familiar with the Student Handbook found in the student portal, which includes your Rights and Codes of Conduct.
The USVS is open to all students. Submissions will be accepted via the student portal for any of the following:
Please note: the student voice system should not be used if you need general assistance from IT support or advising. Students should contact the appropriate department directly for assistance. If you need assistance with contact information, please contact your advisor.
“I can live for two months on a good compliment” -Mark Twain
At Touro University Worldwide, we strive to ensure your student experience is positive with high quality educational experiences. If you have a positive interaction with one of your faculty members, or one of your advisors went above and beyond, or if you want to share your positive learning experience with the university, we want to hear it! Providing a positive acknowledgement about the university or a university employee, (staff, faculty, or administration) is one way to show your appreciation and encourage each to keep doing a great job because it really does matter.
If a student has a concern, the staff/faculty involved should make a genuine effort to resolve it. We believe issues are best resolved when students have the opportunity to calmly and honestly communicate details. When efforts to reach a mutually satisfactory resolution are unsuccessful, students are advised to proceed as quickly as possible to initiate a complaint. While we could identify processes to change, we believe your input will identify and confirm effective changes.
If any of the following statements apply to your situation, we invite you to share your experience, and we will provide assistance until the issue is resolved.
- If you are uncertain about which university policy, procedure, or regulation applies to your situation
- If you feel that you have been unfairly or inequitably treated by a university employee or that any university policy, procedure, or regulation has been applied unfairly or erroneously, or is itself fundamentally unfair
- If you have a problem that requires someone to help negotiate a solution, or to help facilitate your communication with faculty, staff, or others at TUW
- If you would like to find out who has the authority to make an exception to a rule or policy
- If you want to know the right person or office to whom to direct a formal complaint or grievance
Submissions will receive follow up within 48 business hours.
We guarantee that every effort will be made to resolve the complaint/grievance at an initial level. If that process is not satisfactory, the Executive Director of Student Success will be engaged to assist with the resolution of the complaint /grievance submitted.
- To submit a complaint you must go to the student portal and click on “Student Voice”
- It is important to report complaints promptly and to include a short and concise statement of all the relevant facts and the action or remedy you are requesting so that an investigation can be completed and a resolution achieved
- Complaints must be filed within 10 business days from the date of the action or occurrence which is the subject of the complaint
- Within 48 business hours of submission of the complaint through our student portal, the student will receive an email from the Office of Student Success acknowledging receipt
- The Office of Student Success reviews each complaint and will notify the appropriate personnel and/or department in which the complaint is against. The personnel/department in which the complaint is filed against has 48 business hours to respond
- If additional information is needed for the investigation from either party, each party has 5 days to provide the information and respond to all parties involved
- A complaint may be dismissed without further action, if the student fails to cooperate in the investigations
- The university shall maintain the confidentiality of the student to the extent possible during the complaint resolution process
- At the conclusion of the investigation and resolution, the student will be notified in writing by either the head department or by the Office of Student Success
- In the event the student is not satisfied with the outcome and wish to take further actions, students have the right to appeal the decision following the guidelines of “Student Grievance Policy” which can be found in the student handbook and university catalog
- All appeals will be recorded in the university student voice system.
Touro University Worldwide is consistently seeking innovative ways to improve our program services to you. We cannot reiterate enough how your feedback is the most valuable tool we have to confirm what we are doing right, and what we can be doing better.
If you do not have any complaints or compliments, but have ideas or suggestions you would like the university to consider, please submit your comments to the USVS.
Ready To Get Started?
- Become a healthcare administrator & join one of...
- Psychology graduates will find many therapist j...
- Child rearing practices differ from culture to ...