General Studies Degree Career Possiblities
For those seeking to improve their career options and earning potential, enrolling in an associate degree program in any field of study is a smart move. The benefit of choosing a degree in general studies is that it offers students the opportunity to explore their interests while simultaneously preparing them for careers in a wide array of settings.
Students typically enroll in associate degree programs for a few different reasons: either they plan to transfer the credits earned in the program to earn a bachelor’s degree at a later date, or they know the degree will immediately help them get closer to their career goals. No matter the reason, a general studies degree is valuable because students develop stronger written and verbal communication skills, increase reading and math skills, bolster critical thinking methods and gain a broader base of knowledge in different subjects. Some examples of these subjects include philosophy, computer science, social sciences, public speaking, culture and society, biology and more.
By earning an associate degree in general studies, graduates are qualified for many entry-level positions in sales, banking and customer service, among many others. Some entry-level positions provide on-the-job training for employees, which bolsters productivity and increases job security. Common job titles held by those with general studies degrees include:
• Administrative assistant
• Bank teller
• Customer service representative
• Office manager
• Store manager
• Assistant project manager
Perhaps the most tangible benefit of earning an associate degree is increased earnings. The U.S. Department of Labor reports that those who hold an associate degree earn an average of $100 more per week than those with a high school diploma. This earning potential translates into better opportunities not only for graduates but for their families as well.
Touro University Worldwide proudly offers an Associate of Arts in General Studies. The fully online program provides students the opportunity to advance into careers they love and receive higher pay. It serves as a stepping-stone for those wishing to earn a bachelor’s degree down the road. It is a flexible course of study that is designed to maximize the amount of transfer credits a student brings to the table. This approach allows students a shorter completion time.
- What You’ll Earn: Salaries in Health and Human Services
- Things to Consider When You Are Getting An MBA
- Psychology: Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science?
- Interested in Becoming a Psychologist?
- 5 Career Paths for Public Health Degree Graduates
- Five Traits of a Good Leader
- Healthcare Administration Careers
- What is Dispute Resolution
- Health Science Careers
- The Role of Industrial and Organizational Psychology in the Workplace
- A Day in the Life of a Healthcare Administrator
- What is the Role of an Organizational Psychologist?
- How to Become a Healthcare Administrator
- How to Become a Marriage and Family Therapist?
- A Day in the Life of a Social Worker
- Jobs in Psychology
- How to Become a Nursing Home Administrator
- Defining Conflict Management
- Social Work Code of Ethics
- What Can I Do with a Health Sciences Degree
- Unique Social Work Careers
- Career Profile: Health Educator
- Marriage and Family Therapists: Salary Potential and Career Growth
- Career in Human Services
- Should I Get a Doctoral Degree?
- Social Workers and Marriage and Family Therapists
- Options for Associate Degree Graduates
- What Degree Should I Get?
- Liberal Studies vs General Studies
- Human Resource Management Degree
- Steps to Becoming a Psychologist
- What Does An Educational Psychologist Do?
- 5 Types of Therapists
- General Studies Degree Career Possiblities
- 4 Types of Therapy for Mental Health and Well-Being
- Top 4 Careers in Public Health
- Careers in Industrial & Organizational Psychology
- Is A General Studies Degree Worth It?
- Top 5 Jobs: Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- What Is A Human Resources Manager?
- Tackling Nonprofit Fundraising
- A Day in the Life of a Financial Analyst
- 5 Ways to Improve Your Communication Skills
- How Do I Become an Accountant?
- Fortune 500 Companies in California
- Communication Skills in the Workplace
- 5 Qualities That Can Improve Your Management Skills
- MBA Specializations
- How to Become a Family Therapist
- What Can You Do With an MBA?
- What is a Human Resource Manager
- What Do I Need to Become a Psychologist?
- Is Earning an MBA Worth the Effort?
- Disaster preparedness is a growing field as nat...
- A master's degree in human resource management ...
- HR professionals play a vital role in promoting...