Institutional Goals & Outcomes
TUW emphasizes teamwork in order to achieve and maintain the goals of the university support its mission. The entire TUW community (faculty, staff and administrators) function as one unit to achieve the university’s goals. The collaboration between the entire TUW community assures that it maintains the most viable organizational structure that allows for efficient and effective decision making and an academic environment that recognizes the quality required for all its programs, while simultaneously embracing the unique student populations in which it serves.
- Respond to the professional and career advancement needs of adult learners.
- Respond to the needs of the under-served.
- Respond to the career advancement needs of professionals.
- Attain program learning outcomes by using problem-based, project-based and interactive practitioner-scholar learning models and assessment.
- Recruit and retain high-quality faculty members who have proven track records in the practitioner-scholar learning model.
- Develop and implement a learner-centered environment resulting in high retention rates and high graduation rates.
- Demonstrate that graduates are satisfied with the quality of their learning experience.
- Continuously improve the quality of the programs and support services.
Institutional Learning Outcomes
The Institutional Learning Outcomes (ILOs) are derived from the Institutional mission. In addition, each Program at TUW was designed to assist the university to achieve its Mission and ILOs. Each Program has its own mission that is aligned with the Program Learning Outcomes (PLOs). Please go to the University Catalog to review each of the program’s learning outcomes.
Students who complete the program of study at TUW will be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively through listening, speaking, reading, writing and use of technology and media.
- Display mastery of knowledge and skills in the discipline of study.
- Demonstrate cultural awareness to be a responsible citizen in a global society and world.
- Demonstrate the ability to exercise problem-solving skills, such as problem identification and analysis, and solution formulation, implementation, and assessment – using an integrated approach.
- Exhibit the ability to think critically and utilize research and critical thinking to solve real life problems.
- Use collaboration and group processes to achieve a common goal.
- Demonstrate professional ethics and practice academic integrity.
- Demonstrate commitment to lifelong learning and Information Literacy.
- For decades, earning an MBA has been the pathwa...
- California transfer students can finish their d...
- A successful online student follows these tips ...