Certificate Programs

Graduate Certificate in Social Media Marketing: All of the classes for this certificate program are taught at the graduate level. Many of your fellow students in these courses will be in the process of earning their MBA from TUW. Therefore, you are required to provide official transcripts of an earned bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.

Non-Degree Seeking Student

Students who wish to enroll in courses pertaining to their personal interest without the intention to pursue a degree may apply as a “Non-degree seeking” student:

  • Fill out the university application for admission form.
  • Provide proof of high school graduation (to be an undergraduate non-degree seeking student) or proof of undergraduate degree (to be a graduate non-degree seeking student).
  • Understand that acceptance in this category does not constitute acceptance to a degree-granting program.
  • Understand that acceptance in this category does not constitute acceptance to a degree-granting program.
  • Understand that students in this non-degree category cannot be considered for federal or state financial aid.


Please refer to your degree level to see the appropriate transfer policy.

TUW also accepts credits earned by challenge examination; standardized tests such as ACE, CLEP, DANTES, Excelsior, etc. or from other institutions, provided those credits meet University transfer policies. The following non-traditional credit is accepted at TUW.

Military Training and/or Experience

Credits may be awarded for military training and experience based on the evaluation and recommendation by the American Council on Education (ACE). Veterans must submit DD Form 214 and/or DD Form 295 to evaluate training and/or experience. Students must submit transcripts of all coursework taken. Transfer credit will be granted upon evaluation of all coursework taken. The University will maintain written record of previous.

Credit by Examination

Credit by examination allows students to earn college credits in courses with established college-level competence (at the undergraduate level). Students must be in good academic standing (cumulative GPA must be at least 2.0) with the institution and currently enrolled in courses to be eligibleto receive credit by examination. Prior to taking any credit by exam, students must verify with their educational advisor that the exam meets program requirements. Credits earned through credit by examination do not fulfill residency requirements. Credits earned will appear on the student’s official transcript as “CR” and will not be calculated into the student’s GPA. Students must request official test results sent directly to the registrar’s office at the time of examination. Credits will not be posted until official results are received.

Students may earn credit by examination by submitting passing scores from Advanced Placement (AP) test, College-Level Examination Program (CLEP), Challenge Examination (CE), or Defense Activity for Non-Traditional Education Support (DANTES).

  • Advanced Placement (AP) Tests: A high school student who has successfully completed examinations of the Advanced Placement Program of the College Board with scores of four (4) or five (5) will receive credit after official results are received by the Registrar’s Office.
  • College Level Examination Program (CLEP): Students who receive a passing score on a CLEP examination will receive credits for the course if the course is directly applicable to the student’s program of study.Students may petition to have CLEP credits used to meet elective requirements if CLEP credits earned are not directly applicable to program requirements. Official test results must be sent directly to the registrar’s office and can be obtained by writing to:

CLEP Transcripts

P.O. Box 6600
Princeton, NJ 08541-6600

Bachelor’s Degree Programs

In general, TUW will transfer up to 90 semester credits. All transferred credits must be from accredited institutions, ACE, CLEP, DANTES, Excelsior, etc.The transferred course(s) must meet the same general content standards as the university course. A minimum of 30 semester credits must be earned at TUW.

International Baccalaureate (IB) Policy

TUW will accept the IB diploma for students who have earned 30 points or more and grant a maximum of 33 semester credit hours of transfer credit toward the undergraduate degree program.Students who do not successfully achieve the IB diploma will have their subjects individually evaluated as listed on their certificate. TUW will award three semester credit hours for each subject in which a score of four or greater was earned up to a maximum of 24 semester credit hours.

Yeshiva Credits

Students may earn up to 48 college credits for post-high school yeshiva studies pursued in Israel or in the U.S. at Lander College for men or elsewhere.Students earn further credits for studies in Beis Medrash L’Talmud. Students participating in the Touro College Israel Option Program may earn up to 32 credits for one year of study in yeshivas in Israel, and slightly fewer credits if they are not enrolled in this program.Students may also earn up to 12 credits for a full second year of study in Israel, or up to 6 credits for one semester.To receive transfer credits, students must submit to the College an official yeshiva transcript with grades for an evaluation. No credit will be given for courses completed with a grade below C. Students are typically limited to a maximum load of 18 credits per semester.The awarding of credits for yeshiva studies is based solely on College academic policies.The credit assigned to courses by the College might not coincide with the credit values listed on a yeshiva transcript.

Master’s Degree Programs

TUW will transfer up to 30 percent of the semester credits required to complete a specific master’s-level program from accredited institutions provided the transferred credits meet the same general content standards as the University course.

Doctoral Degree Programs

TUW will transfer up to six semester credits at the doctoral level from accredited institutions provided the transferred credits meet the same general content standards as the University course.

Registrar’s Office

The Office of the Registrar is responsible for:

  • Maintain prompt and accurate records of students’ academic progress and accomplishments.
  • Provide professional, efficient and knowledgeable delivery of services related to students’ academic records.
  • Interpret, implement and enforce academic policies related to academic records.
  • Adhere to the guidelines on professional practices and ethical standards developed by the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO).
  • Comply with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) to ensure the accuracy, security and integrity of students’ academic records.

Services Provided by the Office of the Registrar

  • Retention of Student Records: You may update your personal information at TUW’s student portal. However, please use below form to request for name change and program change.
  • Official Transcript Request
    • Students may request official transcript from TUW’s student portal or by filling out an Official Transcript Request form and faxing it to (818) 688-3244.
    • Touro University Worldwide does not release information regarding any student without the written consent of the student
    • Touro University Worldwide is unable to release official transcripts for students who have an outstanding financial obligation to the University or students who have not submitted their official transcripts from institutions attended prior to TUW.
  • Enrollment and Degree Verification: Please fax your request to (818) 688-3244. Third-party request will NOT be reviewed without authorization signed by the TUW student.
  • Leave of Absence: You may request a leave of absence on TUW’s student portal. Please review the leave of absence policy before sending in your request.
  • Grades and Grade Report: You may review and print your grades and grade report from TUW student portal.
  • Graduation Audit
    • Please send the Application for Graduation to the Office of the Registrar when you are enrolled in your last course of the program.
    • The Office of the Registrar will review your record to ensure all required documentation (official transcripts, certificate, license, CLEP, foreign credential evaluation, etc) are in place and you have successfully completed all program requirement.
    • The Office of the Registrar will confirm with the bursar’s office and financial aid office that you have fulfilled all your financial obligations to the University.
    • You will be invited to participate in a graduation survey upon program completion.  Your diploma will be mailed to your primary address that we have on file.
    • You will also be notified on the details of the graduation commencement.

Academic Policy FAQ

Minimum Grade Point Average (GPA)

  • Students are expected to maintain minimum grade point averages (GPAs) in all programs.
  • Students in the undergraduate (bachelor’s) program must complete each required undergraduate course with a C (2.0) grade or better and maintain an overall GPA of 2.0 or better for all coursework applicable toward the degree.
  • Students in the graduate (master’s) program must complete each required course with a minimum B- grade (2.67) and maintain a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or better for all coursework applicable toward the degree.
  • Students in the doctoral program must complete each required course with a minimum B grade (3.0) and maintain a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.2 or better for all coursework applicable toward the degree.

Academic Warning/Probation Policy

Students are expected to maintain the required GPA for their degree program. Students who receive failing grades or who fail to maintain the required GPA for their respective degree programs will receive formal notice of an academic warningvia email from the Office of the Registrar. The notice will also identify the requirements that the student must meet to have their academic warning status removed. The requirements may include repeating failed courses and/or raising the cumulative GPA above the minimum program requirement. A copy of the notice will become part of the student’s permanent file.

The performance of students on academic warning will be reviewed every term. When the academic performance requirements have been met, the student will be removed from academic warning. A formal notice will be sent to the student via email from the Office of the Registrar. A copy of this notice will become part of the student’s permanent file.

Students with multiple failed grades will be subject to academic disqualification. Approval of academic disqualification will be based on factors including, but not limited to, the number of failed grades, the student’s overall past academic performance, the level of academic deficiency, and the student’s probability of achieving satisfactory academic standing within a reasonable time frame consistent with the university policy regarding the maximum timeframe for degree completion. Notice of academic disqualification will be sent to students by the Office of the Registrar and will become part of the student’s permanent record. Students who have been academically disqualified may appeal to the program director to continue enrollment.

Grade of Incomplete

The student must initiate the request for an incomplete (I) before the end of the course/academic term. An Incomplete (I) is a temporary grade that the facultymay assignto a student following provost approval.An incomplete grade is appropriate when circumstances beyond the student’s control, such as illness or necessary absence, have prevented the student from completing the course requirements by the end of the academic term. Only students who have attended the course through more than 60 percent of the term are eligible to receive a temporary incomplete grade. The incomplete grade will be assigned for a maximum of 21 calendar days after the official end date of the term. If the student does not submit the work within the incomplete allowed time, a grade will be assigned for the amount of work the student completed

Drop and Refund

The University expects students to register for classes with the understanding that they will remain in the course for the entire term. However, a student has the right to drop course(s) and/or withdraw from the University at any time. If a student drop from the course of instruction, the University will remit a refund (if applicable) less any non-refundable fees within 30 days following the drop in accordance with the University’s refund schedule.

Tuition Refund schedule

Before term starts …………………100 percent tuition refund
During Week 1……….……………..75 percent  tuition refund
During Week 2………………………50 percent tuition refund
After Week 2…………..………… No refund

Unofficial Withdrawal Policy

A student who ceases participation in a course for a period of 14 days without submitting proper notification will be considered to have unofficially withdrawn from the course. A grade of WU (unauthorized withdrawal) will be assigned. A student who ceases participation in all courses within a term without submitting proper notification will be considered to have unofficially withdrawn from the University. The Student will be still responsible for the tuition of the course.

Administrative Drop Policy

Students are expected to attend all classes for which he or she has registered. Students who fail to attend class and/or fail to make contact with the course faculty (via email or integrated campus) during the first two weeks of instruction will be administratively dropped and will forfeit their place in the class and have their names removed from the class roster. An administrative drop fee of $100 per course will be charged. Students must drop the class from the student portal according to the drop policy to avoid the administrative drop fee.Administrative drops may affect minimum course load requirements, student financial aid status or other areas. It is the responsibility of the student to meet financial aid requirements, initiate any refund processes and follow university guidelines concerning other obligations that may be affected by the drop.

Leave of Absence

The literature on higher education studies suggests that students who pursue an uninterrupted course of study have the highest probability for successfully completing their degree programs. Those students are also the best performers in their degree program and receive the maximum benefits from their learning experience. Students who have experienced stop-out episodes are clearly performing below the level of their counterparts who engage in continuous learning in their degree program. Furthermore, their probability for completing their degree program is much lower. To maximize the quality of learning experience for our students and maintain the quality of our academic programs, TUW has adopted the following policy:

Students may request a leave of absence (LOA) at any time prior to the first day of the term by submitting a written request to their educational advisor.A leave of absence is limited to a maximum of 180 days in any 12-month periodincluding breaks and holidays. Pursuant to the provisions of Title IV of the Higher Education Act, students on federal financial aid are urged to first contact their financial aid advisor regarding impact of the LOA on their eligibility. Students who are on leave for no more than 180 days will retain their current catalog rights and will not be required to reapply for admission. Students who wish to take more than 180 days of leave will not be eligible to continue attendance under their initial catalog and will be required to reapply to the University.