MS in Health Sciences
The Master of Science in Health Sciences (MSHS) with a concentration in Public Health at Touro University Worldwide prepares students to assume leadership supervisory roles in assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating public health programs in community, school, medical care, and work site settings. Many students use the degree for upward mobility in their profession.
As a result of the soaring cost of medical treatment, the focus of America’s health care system is shifting to the prevention of illness and injury and the promotion of healthier lifestyles. and healthier communities.
MS in Health Sciences Online
The Master of Science in Health Sciences – Public Health concentration program is designed for working adults interested in making a difference in the health and wellness of others through the promotion of community and public health.
The curriculum offers the knowledge and skills drawn from a variety of disciplines and is aligned with Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH) requirement standards. The TUW program aligns with the criteria and standards published by the CEPH.
Mission of the Program
The mission of the Touro University Worldwide Health Science Graduate Program is to educate and develop leaders in the health sciences field by providing competencies and skills needed to be productive professionals who serve the health-promotion and disease-prevention needs of diverse local, regional, national, and international populations. These competencies and skills include the ability to perform research and program evaluation as well as delivering services in order to reduce health disparities among underserved populations.
Director, The Edith Neumann School of Health and Human Services
TUW’s tuition is $500 per semester credit. A range of tuition assistance programs are available to prospective students to help reduce the out-of-pocket expenses associated with continued education, including scholarships and students loans. Many employers offer tuition assistance programs, so speak with your human resource representative to find out if additional financial support is available to you. TUW tuition assistance counselors are available to determine your eligibility for financial aid and other tuition assistance programs.APPLY NOW
The MSHS – Public Health curriculum is comprised of 12 courses (10 core courses and 2 elective courses) for a total of 36 credits.
Students seeking to attend in TUW must meet one of the following criteria to be considered for admission:
- Have earned a Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution with a minimum overall GPA of 2.5.
- Transfer student from another college/university’s graduate program in good academic standing (minimum GPA of 2.75).
Students, who meet one of the above criteria, will be required to complete the following steps in order to be admitted and enrolled:
- Submit an application to the University.
- As a non-profit organization committed to serving the underserved, Touro University Worldwide has waived the $60 application fee for all prospective students.
- Submit official transcripts from all institutions attended. Transcripts must come directly from the issuing institutions. Students who completed college coursework outside the United States must have their transcripts translated and evaluated. (See Foreign Credit for additional information.) Students are required to complete step 3 by the end of their first term of enrollment.
As a non-profit institution committed to serving the underserved, Touro University Worldwide has waived the $60 application fee for all prospective students.
- As a human resource management professional, pl...
- A doctor of Management degree or a DBA? Learn t...
- The business concentration you choose helps ope...
- A Business Administration with a concentration ...
- Learning how to become an entrepreneur is chall...
Touro University Worldwide is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC). Touro College Los Angeles (Lander Campus) is a division of Touro University Worldwide.
For more information on WSCUC, visit www.wascsenior.org or write WSCUC at 985 Atlantic Ave., Suite 100, Alameda, CA 94501.