Is Earning an MBA Worth the Effort?
The decision of whether to pursue a Master of Business Administration degree requires thought. Is earning an MBA worth it? On the one hand, individuals with an MBA usually earn a higher salary, have access to better networking and career opportunities, and possess greater knowledge about the world of business. On the other hand, students in an MBA program must be ready to work hard and devote time to their studies.
MBA programs help students develop the skills they need to manage a team of employees. Students learn about financial principles, marketing, communications and more. The goal is to help students be successful in upper-level management roles. They gain a deep understanding of advanced business concepts and trends that shape the economy. Graduates can supervise business endeavors such as accounting, human resources and marketing within a company or organization.
Those who are driven and motivated by the prospect of career advancement should invest in their education; master’s degrees are a huge step in a positive direction for those who wish to increase their earning potential. An MBA is a great way to stand out in sales, finance and upper-level management.
Some MBA programs offer concentrations. Students with specific career goals should choose the MBA concentration that will prepare them for leadership in their chosen field. Concentrations afford students tremendous opportunities to pursue rewarding careers in areas they’re passionate about.
Graduates of MBA programs can expect to earn $1 million more over the course of their working lives than those without MBAs, Fortune reports. Here are six of the most attractive careers for an MBA graduate, including median annual salaries as reported by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- IT Manager: $131,600
- HR Manager: $104,440
- Information Security Analyst: $90,120
- Management Analyst: $81,320
- Financial Analyst: $80,310
- Operations Research Analyst: $78,630
Many MBA grads go on to do consulting work in a variety of exciting fields. The option to be self-employed as a consultant is an attractive benefit for many people, and an MBA lends the credibility necessary to take that path.
- What You’ll Earn: Salaries in Health and Human Services
- Things to Consider When You Are Getting An MBA
- Psychology: Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science?
- Interested in Becoming a Psychologist?
- 5 Career Paths for Public Health Degree Graduates
- Five Traits of a Good Leader
- Healthcare Administration Careers
- What is Dispute Resolution
- Health Science Careers
- The Role of Industrial and Organizational Psychology in the Workplace
- A Day in the Life of a Healthcare Administrator
- What is the Role of an Organizational Psychologist?
- How to Become a Healthcare Administrator
- How to Become a Marriage and Family Therapist?
- A Day in the Life of a Social Worker
- Jobs in Psychology
- How to Become a Nursing Home Administrator
- Defining Conflict Management
- Social Work Code of Ethics
- What Can I Do with a Health Sciences Degree
- Unique Social Work Careers
- Marriage and Family Therapists: Salary Potential and Career Growth
- Career in Human Services
- Should I Get a Doctoral Degree?
- Social Workers and Marriage and Family Therapists
- Options for Associate Degree Graduates
- What Degree Should I Get?
- Liberal Studies vs General Studies
- Human Resource Management Degree
- Steps to Becoming a Psychologist
- What Does An Educational Psychologist Do?
- 5 Types of Therapists
- General Studies Degree Career Possiblities
- 4 Types of Therapy for Mental Health and Well-Being
- Top 4 Careers in Public Health
- Careers in Industrial & Organizational Psychology
- Is A General Studies Degree Worth It?
- Top 5 Jobs: Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- What Is A Human Resources Manager?
- Tackling Nonprofit Fundraising
- A Day in the Life of a Financial Analyst
- 5 Ways to Improve Your Communication Skills
- How Do I Become an Accountant?
- Fortune 500 Companies in California
- Communication Skills in the Workplace
- 5 Qualities That Can Improve Your Management Skills
- MBA Specializations
- How to Become a Family Therapist
- What Can You Do With an MBA?
- What is a Human Resource Manager
- What Do I Need to Become a Psychologist?
- Is Earning an MBA Worth the Effort?