MS in Health Sciences
Online MS in Health Science – Health Education Concentration
The Master of Science in Health Sciences with emphasis on Health Education degree prepares students to assume leadership supervisory roles in assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating health education programs in community, school, medical care, and work site settings. Many students use the degree for upward mobility.
As a result of the soaring cost of medical treatment, the focus of America’s health care system is shifting to the prevention of illness and injury and the promotion of healthier lifestyles and healthier communities.
Health Educator Duties
Health educators help solve community health issues by designing and implementing educational programs that promote healthy lifestyles and behaviors. The health educator collects and analyzes data to identify community needs as well as plan, implement, monitor, and evaluate health education programs that focus on individual and social health issues such as teen pregnancy, HIV prevention, and controlling the spread of infectious diseases. These may include grant writing, resource evaluations, referrals, social marketing and media, community organizing, developing training methods and materials, and publishing.
CHES & MCHES Preparation
The TUW program aligns with the competencies published by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing (NCHEC) for Certified Health Education Specialists (CHES) and Master Certified Health Education Specialists (MCHES). As a master’s-level graduate, students may be eligible to sit for both exams.
Mission of the Program
The mission of the Touro University Worldwide Health Science Graduate Program is to educate and develop leaders in the field of health education practice by providing competencies and skills needed to be productive professionals who serve the health-promotion and disease-prevention needs of diverse local, regional, national, and international populations. These competencies and skills include the ability to perform research and program evaluation as well as delivering services in order to reduce health disparities among underserved populations.
Note: This degree does not lead to any form of licensure or certification.
Director, The Edith Neumann School of Health and Human Services
TUW’s tuition is $500 per semester credit. A range of tuition assistance programs are available to prospective students to help reduce the out-of-pocket expenses associated with continued education, including scholarships and students loans. Many employers offer tuition assistance programs, so speak with your human resource representative to find out if additional financial support is available to you. TUW tuition assistance counselors are available to determine your eligibility for financial aid and other tuition assistance programs.APPLY NOW
The MSHS curriculum is comprised of 12 courses (8 core courses and 4 elective courses) for a total of 36 credits.
Students seeking to attend in TUW must meet one of the following criteria to be considered for admission:
- Have earned a Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution with a minimum overall GPA of 2.5.
- Transfer student from another college/university’s graduate program in good academic standing (minimum GPA of 2.75).
Students, who meet one of the above criteria, will be required to complete the following steps in order to be admitted and enrolled:
- Submit an application to the University.
- As a non-profit organization committed to serving the underserved, Touro University Worldwide has waived the $60 application fee for all prospective students.
- Submit official transcripts from all institutions attended. Transcripts must come directly from the issuing institutions. Students who completed college coursework outside the United States must have their transcripts translated and evaluated. (See Foreign Credit for additional information.) Students are required to complete step 3 by the end of their first term of enrollment.
As a non-profit institution committed to serving the underserved, Touro University Worldwide has waived the $60 application fee for all prospective students.
- Disaster preparedness is a growing field as nat...
- A master's degree in human resource management ...
- HR professionals play a vital role in promoting...
- Health education is vital for a healthy public,...
- Earning a health science degree opens mutlitple...
Touro University Worldwide is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC). Touro College Los Angeles (Lander Campus) is a division of Touro University Worldwide.
For more information on WSCUC, visit www.wascsenior.org or write WSCUC at 985 Atlantic Ave., Suite 100, Alameda, CA 94501.