Online Doctorate of Physician Assistant
Earn the Highest Degree for Physician Assistant
In the last several decades, Physician Assistants (PAs) have positively impacted the health and patient care landscape by providing exceptional medical services and improving the lives of their patients. The Doctorate of Physician Assistant (DPA) program is the only 100% online professional doctorate program without residency requirements, can be achieved while working full-time, and codifies your accumulated clinical expertise in your chosen discipline of medicine.
The Touro University Worldwide (TUW) Doctorate of Physician Assistant (DPA) program is designed to advance the career of post-professional students practicing in any area of medicine, surgery, medical education or other health-related areas through the application and engagement in scholarly and professional activities commensurate with the doctoral level. The program will give students a comprehensive understanding of the theories and research needed to optimize clinical competencies in their current and/or future careers, as they face the challenges and the evolving demands of today’s healthcare industry.
The DPA program enhances existing knowledge and expands upon competencies applicable to your role as a PA. The doctoral degree emphasizes life-long education, clinical experience, and career accomplishments. By earning a Doctorate of Physician Assistant (DPA) degree, PAs, educators, and administrators, advance their careers to excel above the rest by positioning themselves for a wide range of opportunities to apply clinical innovation, conduct scholarly research, and exercise leadership in a current or future practice.
The TUW Doctorate of Physician Assistant (DPA) program is open to all qualified students, and is carefully designed to work well for busy professionals and working adults just like you. New advances in educational technology enable you to take your courses to fit the way you live and work, even when you travel. All you need is a computer and Internet connection to participate in the virtual classroom.
What makes this Doctorate of Physician Assistant program different?
- 100% online
- No residency required
- No GRE required
- Accelerated admissions process
- Affordable tuition
The TUW Doctorate of Physician Assistant (DPA) has several unique features:
- Instructors themselves are scholar-practitioners with expertise as PAs and or MDs and actively involved in their own professional work and/or research areas of interest.
- Curriculum design is directly applicable to PAs which allow you to excel in the global healthcare industry in your area of interest.
- The unique pedagogy in an online delivery method provides you the flexibility to conveniently advance your education while maintaining busy schedules and family lives.
Doctorate Program Benefit
The program is designed to:
- Provide students with the professional skills and tools to design evidence-based solutions in their professional medical area of expertise
- Provide a doctoral level environment that includes faculty research guidance, technology and learning opportunities that lead to the development of research professional competencies needed to translate theory into practical solutions that lead to success in a selected setting
- Provide a support system dedicated to student success at the Doctoral level
DPA Faculty Spotlight
DMSc, PhD, PA, AACC, DFAAPA
- TUW’s tuition for the Entire Doctorate of Physician Assistant is $29,400, There are no additional fees such as e-text.
- TUW’s tuition for the Doctorate of Physician Assistant is $700 per semester credit unit.
- Your employer may offer a tuition assistance program so speak with your human resource representative to find out if financial support is available to you. A TUW Tuition Assistance Counselor is available to you in order to determine your eligibility for financial aid and other tuition assistance programs.
The program includes several steps. The first steps are courses in theory, research and putting theory to practice. Upon completion of the required courses, the student begins the phase of pre-Dissertation (Proposal) and Dissertation. Each student will work with a faculty dissertation chair and committee in completion of the proposal and dissertation phase. To personalize their academic journey for greater outcomes, students will chose a topic to help them focus their research activities and allow for skill development that helps conduct applied research resulting in real-world solutions.
For additional information, please visit the TUW Catalog.
Students seeking to enroll in Touro University Worldwide’s Doctoral program must meet the following criteria to be considered for admission:
- Have earned a Master’s degree from an accredited institution. If the degree was awarded oversees, it must be from an institution that is approved by the Ministry of Education.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.4 in the accredited Master’s Program.
- Current licensure or possess an Emeritus status.
- NCCPA certification or Emeritus status
- Minimum 2 years clinical practice / experience
Students, who meet the above criteria, will be required to complete the following steps in order to be admitted and enrolled at TUW:
- Submit an application to the University. There is a non-refundable $25 application fee. (Click here to apply)
- Submit official transcripts from all institutions attended. Transcripts must come directly from the issuing institutions. Students who completed college coursework outside the United States must have their transcripts translated and evaluated. (See Foreign Credit for additional information.)
- Submit two letters of recommendation from Physicians and or Administrators who can verify clinical experience and provide a recommendation for the candidate.
- Submit a verification of NCCPA certification or Emeritus status.
- Submit a Curriculum Vitae that demonstrates the minimum of 2 years of clinical experience as a Physician Assistant or a Physician Assistant Educator.
- Submit a Doctoral Entrance Essay. The entrance essay is an essential part of the Doctoral Program and serves as the way the Doctoral selection committee become familiar with the candidate. The entrance essay is the means by which the candidate presents oneself to the committee, which include the following:
- Brief Biography;
- Career plan; and
- Goals in pursuing the doctorate at Touro University Worldwide.
The Doctoral Admissions Committee will evaluate the essay. Committee members seek evidence regarding critical qualities and abilities including:
- Motivation, maturity of judgment, and creativity;
- Evidence of a sound personal agenda that includes achievable personal and professional objectives;
- Awareness of intellectual strengths as well as skills needing development;
- Awareness of program requirements;
- Proficiency with standard written English including the ability to express concepts and communicate meaning in concise writing.
The Doctoral Entrance Essay components should include the following:
- Biographical Component Earlier learning experiences, both formal and informal, should be described. Characterize in terms of the nature and general outcome prior study, related work experience, and participation in scholarly research (if any).
- Career Plan Component Explain how a doctoral-level education fits with stated career plan and goals. How will doctoral study, in conjunction with background and interests, further those goals?
- Goals in Pursuing the Doctorate Briefly discuss the reasons for enrolling in doctoral study at Touro University Worldwide, including but not limited to:
- The reasons for selecting the TUW program rather than another doctoral program;
- The particular goals anticipated to be attained through completion of the doctoral curriculum;
Proposed topics being considered for the dissertation.
- For decades, earning an MBA has been the pathwa...
- California transfer students can finish their d...
- A successful online student follows these tips ...
- Financial aid for college come in many forms, i...
- The role of public health is uppermost in our m...
Touro University Worldwide is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC). Touro College Los Angeles (Lander Campus) is a division of Touro University Worldwide.
For more information on WSCUC, visit www.wascsenior.org or write WSCUC at 985 Atlantic Ave., Suite 100, Alameda, CA 94501.