Online Master’s Degree in Psychology
The Master of Arts in Psychology program is designed to extend your knowledge and discipline in psychology, preparing you for a wide variety of professions and contexts. Coursework covers topics like research methods, cognitive psychology, social psychology, personality, learning theory and ethical practice in psychology. To help you gain useful skills relevant to your field of work, emphasis is placed on the practical application of psychological research to real-world contexts.
With our Master of Arts in Psychology program, you’ll also hone and sharpen your skills as you work through challenging case studies relevant to psychological theories and methods. Whether you want to pursue doctoral level coursework or a career in business, marketing, health services, criminal justice, media, communication or education, we can help you get started. You will learn theories regarding how consumers think, what motivates them, and how to collect data from them. You will gain an understanding of important business concepts, such as segmentation and marketing strategy, and learn how to develop a strategic marketing plan underpinned by psychologically-based market research.
Upon graduation, you will possess the knowledge, skills and dispositions necessary for affecting change within others and themselves. You will also emerge from the program well-grounded, with a foundation in empathy, reflectivity, communication, collaboration and an appreciation for alternative perspectives.
Note: This degree does not lead to any form of licensure.
TUW’s tuition is $500 per semester credit. A range of tuition assistance programs are available to prospective students to help reduce the out-of-pocket expenses associated with continued education, including scholarships and students loans. Many employers offer tuition assistance programs, so speak with your human resource representative to find out if additional financial support is available to you. TUW tuition assistance counselors are available to determine your eligibility for financial aid and other tuition assistance programs.APPLY NOW
Students must complete 12 courses. Nine required courses and three elective courses are selected from one of four concentrations currently offered.
TUW offers two unique concentrations that allow professionals to target their course of study to meet their specific career goals.
Concentrations include the following:
- Media Psychology
- Educational Psychology
Students seeking to attend in TUW must meet one of the following criteria to be considered for admission:
- Have earned a Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution with a minimum overall GPA of 2.5.
- Transfer student from another college/university’s graduate program in good academic standing (minimum GPA of 2.75).
Students, who meet one of the above criteria, will be required to complete the following steps in order to be admitted and enrolled:
- Submit an application to the University.
- As a non-profit organization committed to serving the underserved, Touro University Worldwide has waived the $60 application fee for all prospective students.
- Submit official transcripts from all institutions attended. Transcripts must come directly from the issuing institutions. Students who completed college coursework outside the United States must have their transcripts translated and evaluated. (See Foreign Credit for additional information.) Students are required to complete step 3 by the end of their first term of enrollment.
As a non-profit institution committed to serving the underserved, Touro University Worldwide has waived the $60 application fee for all prospective students.