Touro University Worldwide has several military education affiliations, including:
- Servicemembers Opportunity College (SOC)
- Air Force General Education Mobile (GEM) program
Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges (SOC)
The Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges (SOC) functions in cooperation with 15 higher education associations, the DoD, and Active and Reserve components of the Military Services to expand and improve voluntary postsecondary education opportunities for servicemembers worldwide. As a member of SOC, Touro University Worldwide is committed to flexible policies that allow servicemembers and their families to complete their degrees. TUW fully supports the 4 key features of SOC:
- Reasonable Transfer of Credit
- Reduced Academic Residency
- Credit for Military Training and Experience
- Credit for Nationally-Recognized Testing Programs
Please visit the SOC website for more information.
GoArmyEd is the online portal utilized by soldiers to request Tuition Assistance (TA), obtain information on other Army Continuing Education System (ACES) programs, manage their college education and TA benefits. Army Education Counselors also use GoArmyEd to provide educational guidance to soldiers. Touro University Worldwide is a registered with GoArmyEd as a Non-LOI university.
Please visit the GoArmyEd website for additional information.
Air Force General Education Mobile (GEM) Program
Through the GEM program, Airmen can complete CCAF’s 15 semester hours of general education requirements online from anywhere in the world with Internet access.
In many circumstances, the final 15 semester hours most CCAF students need to complete in order to earn their AAS degree are the five general education courses that include: Oral Communications, Written Communications, Mathematics, Social Science, and Humanities.
TUW offers the following general education courses that have been pre-approved by the Community College of the Air Force (CCAF). Students taking courses at TUW for transfer back to their home college should enroll as a non-degree-seeking student.
Note: Each course at TUW holds 3 semester credits and is 8 weeks long, and there are 6 start-dates throughout the Spring, Summer, and Fall. Please contact one of our enrollment counselors today for more information.
Air Force GEM Approved Courses
- ENG130: English Composition and Reading (3 Semester Hours)
- ENG202: Expository Writing (3 Semester Hours)
- PSY 101: Introduction to Psychology (3 Semester Hours)
- SOC 102: Introduction to Sociology (3 Semester Hours)
- HIS 120: U.S. History and Constitution (3 Semester Hours)
- HIS 155: History of the Jewish People (3 Semester Hours)
- ECO 102: Microeconomics (3 Semester Hours)
- ECO 202: Macroeconomics (3 Semester Hours)
- CUL 230: Culture and Society (3 Semester Hours)
- ANT 102: World Culture (3 Semester Hours)
- COM104: Speech (3 Semester Hours)
- MAT 106: College Algebra (3 Semester Hours)
- MAT 108: Calculus I (3 Semester Hours)
- MAT 200: Calculus II (3 Semester Hours)
- STA 206: Introduction to Statistics (3 Semester Hours)
- ETH 106: Introduction to Ethics (3 Semester Hours)
- ART 108: Art Appreciation (3 Semester Hours)
- PHI 101: Introduction to Philosophy (3 Semester Hours)
TUW: A Military Friendly Online College
Ready To Get Started?
- The healthcare industry is expanding faster tha...
- Earning a master’s degree in public administrat...
- A Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences can le...