Online Master of Arts in Media and Communications Psychology
Media is an integral component of everyday life. The ability to use media technology and the skill to communicate effectively through all forms of media is essential. We live in a rapidly changing global workplace where innovation and collaboration are central to success. Individuals with professional media communications skills and advanced degrees validating their knowledge are increasingly important in all sectors of the world economy.
TUW’s Master of Arts Degree in Media & Communications Psychology allows students to specialize within their degree program through choosing concentrations in Media Psychology, Leadership, Online and Distance Learning and Media Publishing. The need for professional development in the field of media and communications is valuable to the entire spectrum of industries in which media is used. This includes the entertainment industry encompassing the businesses of film, television, games, social networking, advertising, marketing, performing arts, journalism and publishing. The Master of Arts Degree in Media & Communications Psychology is important to all management positions in education, health services, commerce, government, the military and national defense.
If you are a manager, entrepreneur, professional, support staff person or executive of any type, an understanding of the fundamental principles of media and the associated psychology of media and communications are key requirements in the 21st century workplace.
TUW’s tuition is $500 per semester credit. A range of tuition assistance programs are available to prospective students to help reduce the out-of-pocket expenses associated with continued education, including scholarships and students loans. Many employers offer tuition assistance programs, so speak with your human resource representative to find out if additional financial support is available to you. TUW tuition assistance counselors are available to determine your eligibility for financial aid and other tuition assistance programs.APPLY NOW
Students must complete 12 courses. Nine required courses and three elective courses are selected from one of four concentrations currently offered.
TUW offers four unique concentrations that allow professionals to target their course of study to meet their specific career goals.
Concentrations include the following:
- Media Psychology
- Electronic Journal Publishing
- Social Media Marketing
Students seeking to attend in TUW must meet one of the following criteria to be considered for admission:
- Have earned a Baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution with a minimum overall GPA of 2.5.
- Transfer student from another college/university’s graduate program in good academic standing (minimum GPA of 2.75).
Students, who meet one of the above criteria, will be required to complete the following steps in order to be admitted and enrolled:
- Submit an application to the University.
- As a non-profit organization committed to serving the underserved, Touro University Worldwide has waived the $60 application fee for all prospective students.
- Submit official transcripts from all institutions attended. Transcripts must come directly from the issuing institutions. Students who completed college coursework outside the United States must have their transcripts translated and evaluated. (See Foreign Credit for additional information.) Students are required to complete step 3 by the end of their first term of enrollment.
As a non-profit institution committed to serving the underserved, Touro University Worldwide has waived the $60 application fee for all prospective students.