Online Doctoral Degree In Psychology (PsyD)-Organizational Leadership Concentration
Online Doctor of Psychology in Human and Organizational Psychology – Organizational Leadership Concentration
Distinguish yourself among your peers and competitors as an industry thought leader and engage in a deeper, more profound way of learning by earning a PsyD with concentration in Organization Leadership from Touro University Worldwide (TUW).
The Online Doctoral Degree In Psychology (PsyD)-Organizational Leadership Concentration program’s emphasis is professional-practice and is guided by Touro’s focus on professional graduate education, and specifically in the psychology of organizational leadership. Students in the program will learn to apply the Scholar-Practitioner Model to real-world research and take an evidence-based approach to problem-solving in a variety of organizational settings. Graduates of the program’s concentration will possess a discerning understanding of how the psychology of organizational leadership applies to a variety of areas such as ethics in organizations, theoretical underpinnings of human resource management, and the theories associated with collaboration both internal and external to an organization.
What makes us different?
- 100% online
- No residency required
- No GRE required
- Accelerated admissions process
- Affordable tuition
The program’s concentration provides theory to application through research that will expand competencies to enhance students’ area of interest regarding organizational leadership, in today’s technologically sophisticated, media-connected, and culturally diverse global environment.
Note: This degree does not lead to any form of licensure.Request Info >>
TUW’s doctoral program is designed to:
- Provide students with the professional skills and tools to design evidence-based solutions in their professional field
- Provide a doctoral-level environment that includes faculty research guidance, technology and learning opportunities that lead to the development of the research professional competencies needed to translate theory into practical solutions that lead to successful individual or organizational change and development
- Provide a support system dedicated to student success at the Doctoral level
The TUW PsyD concentration in Organizational Leadership has several unique features:
- Instructors themselves are scholar-practitioners actively involved in their own professional work, solving problems and improving performance to keep pace with major trends in today’s world
- The program is designed to use a unique pedagogy in an online delivery method that gives students the flexibility to conveniently advance their education and still maintain busy schedules, work, and family lives
- A convenient program course structure, including group course assignments and research options that provide students the flexibility of completing their doctorates at their own pace
TUW’s tuition for the PsyD is $700 per semester credit unit.
Your employer may offer a tuition assistance program so speak with your human resource representative to find out if financial support is available to you. A TUW Tuition Assistance Counselor is available to you in order to determine your eligibility for financial aid and other tuition assistance programs.APPLY NOW
TUW’s online doctoral degree gives students the ability to focus their studies in areas of organizational psychology, leadership psychology and industrial psychology. The program allows students to translate theory into practice.
The program includes several steps. The first steps include courses in research and theory to practice. Upon completion of the required courses, the student begins the phase of pre-Dissertation (Proposal) and Dissertation. Each student will work with a faculty dissertation chair and committee in completion of the proposal and dissertation phase. To personalize their academic journey for greater outcomes, students will choose a topic to help focus on research activities, which allow for skill development that helps conduct applied research resulting in real-world solutions.
For additional information , please visit the TUW Catalog.
Students seeking to enroll in Touro University Worldwide’s PsyD program must meet the following criteria to be considered for admission:
- Have earned a Master’s degree from an accredited institution. If the degree was awarded oversees, it must be from an institution that is approved by the Ministry of Education.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.4 in the accredited Master’s Program
Students, who meet the above criteria, will be required to complete the following steps in order to be admitted and enrolled at TUW:
- Submit an application to the University. (Click here to apply)
- Submit official transcripts from all institutions attended. Transcripts must come directly from the issuing institutions. Students who completed college coursework outside the United States must have their transcripts translated and evaluated. (See Foreign Credit for additional information.)
- Submit two letters of recommendation: one from someone familiar with the prospective student’s academic work; and a professional reference from someone who has supervised the prospective student in a work environment (preferably the current supervisor, excluding family members ).
- Submit a Doctoral Entrance Essay:
The entrance essay is an essential part of the Doctoral Program and serves as the initial component of the student’s research journey.
The Doctoral Admissions Committee will evaluate the essay. Committee members seek evidence regarding critical qualities and abilities including:
- Motivation, maturity of judgment, and creativity;
- Evidence of a sound personal agenda that includes achievable personal and professional objectives;
- Awareness of intellectual strengths as well as skills needing development;
- Awareness of program requirements
- Proficiency with standard written English including the ability to express concepts and communicate meaning in concise writing
The Doctoral Entrance Essay components should include the following:
- Biographical Component
Earlier learning experiences, both formal and informal, should be described. Characterize in terms of the nature and general outcome of previous studies, related work experience, and participation in scholarly research (if any).
- Career Plan Component
Explain how a doctoral-level education fits with stated career plan and goals. How will the doctoral study, in conjunction with background and interests, further those goals?
- Goals in Pursuing the Doctorate
Briefly discuss the reasons for enrolling in doctoral study at Touro University Worldwide, including but not limited to:
- The reasons for selecting the TUW program rather than another doctoral program;
- The particular goals anticipated to be attained through completion of the doctoral curriculum;
- Proposed topics being considered for the dissertation or research program/exegesis paper project.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology
- BA in Psychology with Concentration in Industrial/Organizational Psychology
- BA in Psychology with Concentration in Elementary Education
- BA in Psychology with Concentration in Secondary Education
- BA in Psychology with Concentration in Special Education
- BA in Psychology with Concentration in Human Services
- BA in Psychology with Concentration in Child and Adolescent Psychology
- Master of Arts in Psychology
- PSYD – Human & Organizational Psychology Graduate Degree Program