Accredited Health and Human Services Degree Programs
Health and Human Services incorporates a wide spectrum of health perspectives, including physical, emotional, financial and personal.
Many health care professionals recognize the importance of addressing health and wellness in its totality and are taking a holistic approach in their practice focusing on one or more of these areas of health and wellness. Touro University Worldwide offers degree programs that focus on the mind, body and spirit for professional and personal development.
TUW’s School of Health and Human Services is focused on delivering a solid professional education that fosters the well-being of community members and positions professionals to make positive contributions to society. Scholar-practitioners lead academic studies through an inclusive learning environment that delivers a high level of academic achievement and promotes real-world success.
- Bachelor of Arts in Social Work
- Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences – Concentration in Health Care Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences – Concentration in Health Education
- Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences – Concentration in Long-Term Care Administration
- Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy
- Master of Science in Health Sciences – Concentration in Health Education
- Master of Science in Health Sciences – Concentration in Public Health
Dr. Denise Mayo
- Areas of expertise: childhood literacy, women in leadership, particularly as applied to minority or economically disenfranchised populations.
- Published in several academic books and journals
Roles at TUW
- Director of the Bachelor of Arts in Social Work Program
- Professor of Social Work
Dr. Cherrie Dowdell
- Areas of expertise: HIV/disease prevention, infectious disease and education
- Current member of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Global Rapid Response Team
- Served as a firefighter in NAS Oceana for the U.S. Navy
Roles at TUW
- Adjunct Professor of Health Sciences, School of Health Sciences
Touro University Worldwide is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC). Touro College Los Angeles (Lander Campus) is a division of Touro University Worldwide.
For more information on WSCUC, visit www.wascsenior.org or write WSCUC at 985 Atlantic Ave., Suite 100, Alameda, CA 94501.